Recording software

G.Profit

for those of you who track all of your instruments into the computer what is the best software to use. I'am tried of acid i was using it cause it was so easy to figure out but i notice how there sound engine is'nt as strong as a audition or cubase.

Yeah i was thinking of gettint that $500 version of pro tools. Which cubase do you use. Do you have a problem with recording auiod into your system on time. I be playing right on tempo then when I play back I can hear a note or two off evry now and then. I lowered my latency. Maybe it's just acid. Is cubase easy to learn?

There's nothing wrong with the mix engine in Acid... It's actually pretty good. There are better - but not much.

Cubase SX3 is good to me, but then again i'v never used any other one. I wanna try logic one day when i get a mac, its sounds sweet.

Massive Mastering what version of acid are you using? I noticed in other applications the keyboard sounds a lil brighter and bigger in my opinion.

Software has nothing to do with the audio quality. Only in 64 bit will you here a difference. AND I have yet to hear it.

ALSO, the latency issue has to do with your whole computer. You can have the minimum requirements, but if your computer is sluggish due to the internet, other programs and such, your going to have that problem. ESPECIALLY if you bootlegged ACID!

Think about it, a slow computer can ruin the work flow and integrity of any software.

I use cubase & logic express. Cubase is ok and definately gets the job done. Logic has a really steep learning curve. If you want to go straight to mixing right after installation then Logic is not the way to go. I'm moving to pro tools. Not because it's the so called "industry standard", but because so many artist that I talk to want that format. Try a few sequencers and stay with what works for you and your artists.

your right Ekzpi the sspeed of the computer has slowed down since I added more gigs and xp. But having a bootleg acid would have nothing to do with it. I bought this version but in the past I have had bootleg versions and they were working fine for the vocals. I'am going to switch to my lab top for tonight and tomorrow I just go get another soundcard. Do any one have one in mind?

O.K which one ineed one uder $300, that's I have left till check day. I like your setup to. So an audio interface is better than a sound card.

Back