Reason Users Finally get 3rd Party VST Options for Reason 6.5...

PH are pretty arrogant

they're scrubs; wish i figured that out a lot sooner -

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

what I'd like to see happen, is instead of actually bringing things INTO Reason, is if they packaged up their individual rack units and made them available via VST, for use in other Hosts

HELL NO.

they don't want it with N.I., no way, no how.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

HELL NO.

idk about scrubs, if they were scrubs they wouldnt be in business/been bought out a long time ago

HELL NO.

NI is a really, really, REALLY small operation. NI's American operation is like 8 people, in a rinky dink office in LA. When I had my interview with them, i was surprised.

But as far as innovative products, I think PH is SMASHING NI. NI has spent the last 2 years working on sound libraries. That's their stance. They are going to put out "signature sound libraries".

They actually told me this. And I started to see these libraries come about earlier this year. And honestly, they are nothing that EWQL isn't already doing, much better than they are doing it.

PH is actually creating some super creative rack units. Thor is crazy. Kong seems crazy. With every new release, they come out with some pretty amazing stuff in Reason.

But NI?

NI is a really, really, REALLY small operation. NI's American operation is like 8 people, in a rinky dink office in LA. When I had my interview with them, i was surprised.

But as far as innovative products, I think PH is SMASHING NI. NI has spent the last 2 years working on sound libraries. That's their stance. They are going to put out "signature sound libraries".

They actually told me this. And I started to see these libraries come about earlier this year. And honestly, they are nothing that EWQL isn't already doing, much better than they are doing it

i beg to DIFFER.

N.I. libraries are way, way, WAY hotter than E.W.Q.L. libraries.

N.I. gives you WAY more bang for your buck, N.I. has way, way, WAY better EFX, and N.I.'s hardware devices further enhance your music making experience.

PROPELLERHEAD and E.W.Q.L. don't want it with N.I.

AND N.I. got a the filthy partnership with HEAVYOCITY...c'mon man...cats ain't ready for N.I.

(coming from a SOUND DESIGNER's perspective)

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

PH is actually creating some super creative rack units. Thor is crazy. Kong seems crazy. With every new release, they come out with some pretty amazing stuff in Reason.

But NI?

we are just gonna have to agree to disagree...

PH ain't seeing NOTHING that N.I. is doing.

even N.I.'s KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 is filthier than "BALANCE".

BALANCE? that NAME doesn't even INSPIRE RAWNESS...that name sounds like some sort of BREAST-MILK IN A BOTTLE product.

Show me a Native Instruments VST that can do this...

Gypsy Virtual Instrument

or this...

Silk Virtual Instrument

or this...

Ministry of Rock Virtual Instrument

c'mon, man

you already know what time it is

N.I. is the FUTURE OF SOUND

all those links are the PAST...as in HISTORY...as in BEFORE CHRIST.

EastWest products just get in the way...

and i own a few of their products - and NEITHER IS INSTALLED ON MY PC.

them joints ain't hot enough, man...and those damn iLoks?!?! HELL TO THE NO.

NONE of my N.I. products need fukcin' iLoks.

BUT

if i'm running REASON 6; GUESS WHAT, PH "iLok"...if i'm running EastWest; iLOK...shit gets TIRED man.

taking up a USB port on my PC, taking up hella GIGABYTE's on my PC, AND not delivering sounds that are WORTH either of the previously mentioned points?! oh no...that's a NO GO.

yea thats what i said in the original post about the arrogance factor

but i think the arrogance comes from the fact they want to preserve the stability that reason offers, not just to be greedy.

but at the end of the day, its still a free upgrade lol so it costs me nothing

I'm getting it for sure. I'm even going to take another stab at making songs in REASON...

I can't get away from the simplicity of the LIVE interface though... no clutter, straight forward... it's like that phone with the big numbers that old people like...

c'mon, man

you already know what time it is

N.I. is the FUTURE OF SOUND

all those links are the PAST...as in HISTORY...as in BEFORE CHRIST.

EastWest products just get in the way...

and i own a few of their products - and NEITHER IS INSTALLED ON MY PC.

them joints ain't hot enough, man...and those damn iLoks?!?! HELL TO THE NO.

NONE of my N.I. products need fukcin' iLoks.

BUT

if i'm running REASON 6; GUESS WHAT, PH "iLok"...if i'm running EastWest; iLOK...shit gets TIRED man.

taking up a USB port on my PC, taking up hella GIGABYTE's on my PC, AND not delivering sounds that are WORTH either of the previously mentioned points?! oh no...that's a NO GO.

So that was a NOTHING in NI's product library can produce those type of sounds.

Thank you.

pretty much.

if you wanna go BACK IN TIME, more power to you, sir.

Back in time? Yeah...back in time to LIVE INSTRUMENTATION. Which is funny, because that's exactly the type of libraries that Native Instruments is putting out now...as their NEW PRODUCTS.

They are banking the future on these new libraries...

I just recently got emails from Native Instrumenst about these NEW products...

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : HOME | HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE FOR MUSICIANS, PRODUCERS, DJS, GUITAR AND BASS PLAYERS

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : HOME | HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE FOR MUSICIANS, PRODUCERS, DJS, GUITAR AND BASS PLAYERS

Which are what? Sample based VST's. The same thing that EWQL has been doing for years.

And you know what? I thought "hmm...those seem pretty sweet."

And I went and downloaded them that day.

I've tried that with EWQL instruments too...NEGATIVE. Because they are iLok. You can't download em. Hackers don't even waste time cracking iLok's.

Hmm...Native Instruments going BACK IN TIME eh? lol

You lost one. :cheers:

and Reason 6 doesnt NEED the dongle, you can access your reason via internet access by simply typing in your Propellerheads username and password so idk what the complaint about that is for

the people at PH are hardworking folks and good people, theyre just trying different things.. some things are big successes like the release of Reason 4.. some are flops like Record. But i think they do good work on creating a stable environment and something thats good for their users

You lost one. :cheers:

hardly.

EWQL ain't even hot like that...

AND you're talking about Reason?

NAW...

ONE company is stuck in the PAST and the other company is on some PETER PAN-type shit...can't even grow; and yeah - they're interchangeable.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

i think they do good work on creating a stable environment and something thats good for their users

stable?

yeah, PH is stable like ANCHORS; they ain't MOVING into the future...they're stuck looking in the mirror - sad - tricks are for kids, and Reason.

kinda..

the concept of Rack Extensions. Reason has reached out for companies and developers to develop VSTs and 3rd party extensions that can work fluidly within the Reason Rack.

Who knows what may happen. There may be a Nexus Rack Extension, an Ozone Mastering Rack Extension.. who knows which companies believe that this is a good investment.

I already bought Reason 6, so the upgrade to 6.5 is free.. i know they already got Sugar Bytes on board which is dope, so we'll see who else bites.

A lil arrogant move from Propellerheads but at least theyre addressing issues that their fans want finally.

heres the link
Newspages

I think its a great move by Props. Over the past few years they have tried to do so much stuff that they really started to lose focus on what was important. I think that is partly why they dropped Record because they weren't big enough to really do 2 programs by their own standards. Not to mention they have Balance (which is amazing btw I have had it for almost 2 months and I love it) and are working on more hardware and will be very much involved with the process of doing the rack extensions and giving the other guys 70% of the money made. I don't think that is arrogant at all. At first I didn't understand why they didn't do direct vst intergration and thought it was strange. Now that I have seen a lot more stuff about it I think this is the best way to bring it into Reason. I won't be selling any of my vsts for the RE version though.

Show me a Native Instruments VST that can do this...

Gypsy Virtual Instrument

or this...

Silk Virtual Instrument

or this...

Ministry of Rock Virtual Instrument

And I have all of those, so I know that the sounds aren't just super processed sounds that you'll never be able to achieve. This is what those sound like pretty much right out of the box.

So...show me an NI instrument that can do that.

I'll wait...

You forget that people create stuff like that for Kontakt....if N.I don't have it...somebody has it. For example this.

There out there. Kontakt has just about as many third party (by other professional sound designers) instruments as reason has refills.

I'm not about to search for them, there out there. Kontakt can't be faded. And you know Eastwest used to use N.I back in the days. Their interface is probably created by N.I developers......IDK might be wrong.

and Reason 6 doesnt NEED the dongle, you can access your reason via internet access by simply typing in your Propellerheads username and password so idk what the complaint about that is for

the people at PH are hardworking folks and good people, theyre just trying different things.. some things are big successes like the release of Reason 4.. some are flops like Record. But i think they do good work on creating a stable environment and something thats good for their users

I would love it if every single producer program out there required The Dongle.

99% of "producers" would suddenly disappear. The SERIOUS would be separated from the fake in a heart beat.

A&R's would be happier people. Hell, Record Label Interns would be happier people.

The quality of music would shoot through the roof....because the value of great production would go back up.

And we'd stop getting all of these "buy-here, pay-here", knock off sounding records.

Soundclick would completely die. Rappers selling mixtapes on the corners would decrease exponentially.

Oh what a wonderful world it would be.

i didnt mean flop as far as sales, i meant in the eyes of customers

but like you said and i agree they are a PRODUCT/BUSINESS/RESULTS Company... they'll address the issues on their time and on their schedule which is why i mess with them, i know PH is gonna take care of what i need

one of the guys from U-He said they would probably sell their plugins for $10 -13 individually, hopefully the others follow along that path. This is cool on top of Propellerheads having a plugin store where each plugin can be tried before purchased. I'm not familiar with any of the new plugin developers that are on board so far , so being able to try each one of them is great for me. Reason is also developing some new devices for RE, the first one Radical Piano looks promising.

the avg price of U-HE vst/i are about $149... if the RE counterpart is $10 - $13... that sounds like a watered down version of the vst/i...

Actually the whole bundle of 9 plugins is 149, so I guess that would be just a 5 or 6 dollar discount, lol. I'm not saying im sold on any of the new plugins, I will have to test them out myself. I'm more interested in better stock sounds. I tried a few vsts like nexus and gladiator and would love to have something like this in Reason. Also if any plugins with the same quality as Waves plugins would be cool to have in Reason.

what bundle?

zebra 2 - $199; uihhik - $149; ace - $69; filterscape - $129; diva - $179

if you can get these 4 plugins and 5 others for $149... that is a good deal there!!!

I was referring to the uhbik FX plugins, those are $149. I don't know which one's (zebra, uhbik, ace etc)will be developed for RE though, hopefully all of them.

I would love it if every single producer program out there required The Dongle.

99% of "producers" would suddenly disappear. The SERIOUS would be separated from the fake in a heart beat.

A&R's would be happier people. Hell, Record Label Interns would be happier people.

The quality of music would shoot through the roof....because the value of great production would go back up.

And we'd stop getting all of these "buy-here, pay-here", knock off sounding records.

Soundclick would completely die. Rappers selling mixtapes on the corners would decrease exponentially.

Oh what a wonderful world it would be.

i never thought about dongles that way. I don't mind them as long as they are actually useful. Most just are not. Hell I bought Balance in part because I wanted a dongle that was actually useful and I was already in the market for a new interface. Also there is still a shit ton of free plug ins out there. Those guys will never go away.

Back