Reason and Two midi controllers

Can i use two midi controllers with reason at the same time? I want to use the mpd32 and a regular old casio keyboard. and also it might just be me but, I feel like having drum pads like the mpd or the triggerfinger adds dynamics to the drums.

I pretty much already learned how to work reason i guess, but the work flow is fast... like on the fly fast... and with the MPD32 its only going to make the drums sound more intense nah mean?

Yea I was wonderin the same thing, cus I got a midi keyboard and a MPD16, both are connected thru M-Audio USB/MIDI cables, but Reason is only recognizin the MP16. My FL Studio 7 recognizes both, but Reason doesnt, can anybody help?

Naw, I think the problem is Reason is only recognizing one of my M-Audio cables. Instead of recognizin both the piano and drum pad by name, they're red as M-Audio Midi Device. When I try to get Reason to recognize both, its only reactin to the drumpad, not to the piano. I dont kno if that makes any sense to yall, but thats wats goin on.

dansgold said:
HINT: Hardware Interface
have u done it this way or r u just guessing? ive never seen it done this way. its right int he preferences and its a basic manual question id ont get why these kids are too damn lazy to look

you sure can. simple setup in the Preference advace midi. in the same section that you select your midi controller you can add additional controllers.

i have my xboard 61 and mpc2000xl banging on reasons as we speak lol

rellruger is right..

i have 3 midi devices with reason...each controller on a bus of its own..then under the advance midi hardware, i put different devices on its own channel. Then i use my controllers to switch between the channels. It works great for jamming live with a friend..that way you wont be touching the computer at all.

roro said:
rellruger is right..

i have 3 midi devices with reason...each controller on a bus of its own..then under the advance midi hardware, i put different devices on its own channel. Then i use my controllers to switch between the channels. It works great for jamming live with a friend..that way you wont be touching the computer at all.

WORD!

But, you can only record from the Master Keyboard....sooo it is kinda lame you can't record your jams.

Back