Reason Sequencer Loop Capability???

His Vision

Is there a way that I can play the sample for 2 bars and have it repeat/record those two bars for the length of the song?

Copying and pasting the melody 15 times is becoming very time consuming and inaccurate. I would like to be able to do something similar to the MPC function where play the pattern for a specified time length and then it will reapeat that with the exact same timing until you stop the track. Or even if I can just save the melody once and have it mapped to my keyboard.

Does anyone know how to address this issue without new equipment.

Thanks in advance.

I dont think you can..
but when its not playing, select what you want to copy, and click ctrl+c then ctrl+v and it'll copy it right where the original ended.

if you're manually copying and pasting, that can be time consuming.

if you highlight everything you want copied and hold ctrl while moving the mouse to where you want all the highlighted items copied, it copiees them all at once.

Ahhh OK, thanks Smithgrind I'll try that as well. I haven't had time to really get into the manual like I want to so that would help too.

quick short cut, once you have your loop going for 2 bars, highlight it, hit ctrl+C to copy, then ctrl+V to paste, make sure the snap to grid is turned on and set to 1 bar, then just keep hittin ctrl+V til you have the clips pasted for as long as you want. the sequencer must be stopped for this to work properly. also if you started with just the sample and it's the only thing in the sequencer, hit ctrl+A to highlight all, then ctrl+C, then ctrl+V, so basically if it's just ur 2bar sample clip in the sequencer, hold down ctrl and hit ACV, ACV, ACV, ACV repeatedly and you'll end up with 16 bars quick, since evertime you hit ACV you'll be doubling the amount of bars you are copying and pasting (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc).
LevLove

Ok I think what I was missing was the snap to grid and setting the time length...now it doesn't seem as inaccurate or time consuming.

Thanks again!

Back