Reason Rewiring Guide: All Daws.

I think this should be a sticky where people with skills on this subject can explain in detail how to proceed when approaching this matter. Because people with Reason sometimes NEED to rewire it would be good to a go-to place for tips, + they can ask questions when the guides is up.

Please contribute educated people!

Reason to Logic:

Reason to Abelton:

Reason to FL:

Reason to Pro Tools:

Just my little 2 cent.

1. I might have actually liked rewiring completely if I was doing it in Live or PT. Cubase rewiring sucks. But for how I was using rewire was more like traditional tracking. Pretty much bouncing one track at a time with the added vst effects. Which was actually cool and disciplined me to get the sound I wanted. I actually miss doing that now that I think about. lol!

2. But with R6 and up, I see no real reason for someone to rewire like the whole session when they can bounce each channel once and load it into a DAW.....since R6 and 7 are still currently lacking the kind of fx that I like to use (or they cost too much imo (yet it has a lot of experimental fxs that are cool). But on the plus side, blending reason sounds with other vst instruments is a major benefit.

Reason will never give me what I want....and that's just to open up a redrum and any other RE extention as a VST only or some kind of special rewire that excludes the the clutterness of a bunch of stuff I don't need on the screen. One day maybe........Reason 10 maybe...IDK. Think it would be dope to have it set up like Guitar Pro 5 for rewire.

Last edited:
How do one proceed tho? Is there any good video tutorials on this?
What i want to do is this: Use Reason for almost everything.
1. build up my beats and samples IN Reason's Sequencing area.
2. Use effects and stuff on the instruments in Reason.
3. But i still want to add instruments from vst's, and possibly mix with the Logic too.

So i guess i should route audio from the mixing channels, to the mixing channels in logic, then i can use Reason to sequence first, but jump and sequence vst instruments in Logic when i want that.

Is this possible, and exactly steps on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back