Reason/Record Refills Issue

futureproducers4andy

AJSoundProduction.com
Hi people... now how is everyone...

Well, firstly, I'm loving Reason 5 Record 1.5...

I just got 4 excellent refills...

I spent a few hours making some crazy beats and samples with several Dr Octo Rex players, some Matrix patterns etc... saved everything

Then when I come to re-open the project, it can't remember where the Rex files were stored...

This is a nightmare... because I have so many loops in so many players... have I done something wrong here?

Hope someone out there will have the answer...

Thanks

Andy

This usually happens when you move files from their original location, where you first had the refills when you loaded them into the device (Dr. Octo Rex, NNXT, etc.). You should be able to do a locate/replace when you open the track up, just make sure you know where you moved the refills to.

Thanks gr... yeah, do you know what, you're right!

It was late and I was working on 2 projects, I saved the first one, opened the second and then moved the files...

School boy error... (embarrassed face)

I'll try telling it where the new locations for the refills are and post again with the outcome.

---------- Post added 10-07-2010 at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-06-2010 at 10:18 AM ----------

As promised...

It was indeed a case of moving the Refills in between working on cases.

What I was trying to do was put the refills in a folder which would show in the same viewer window as the Orkestra, Reason and Record Soundbank Refills...

Does anyone know if this is possible?

It's easy to put them in the favorites window. all you do is find the refill in the little search thing on reason and then you drag and drop it into the favorites window

Back