Reason - MClass Mastering Suite Combi

AKStyleZ

Sup fellas,

Im sittin here mixing down a beat and I just noticed that I had my MClass Mastering Suite Combi put on :"Default Mastering Suite"

And Im usually working with "Hiphop Mastering Suite".
So Im question myself is it really that important to use the Hiphop Master Suite, or aint it better to use the Default one and just EQ your sounds and still get the same result/better?

thx in advance

Last edited:
Well to be honest I have had my best results with just the Default Mastering Suite...it has everything inside to make your sound fat and full....the only thing I do in the end is through a L3 over the complete beat to bring out the maximum sound of which the mastering hasnt got enough power to push the beat to the balanced limit.
But truly you can get some great results out of reason alone!

^^^ co sign. . . Ive made beats yousing that suit and didnt need to go into another daw to mix it, and they come out great imo

that L3 does the trick tho...add alil spectralive and/or Izotope on it to keep it balenced and u got a solid shopable track level.

I just make the track with the default mastering suite, then I turn it off and add a slight compression to the whole track and mix everything like that. Then I make sure it's not clipping and bounce down.

You don't want to master your tracks if you adding vocals later. You just want it nice and tight so you can master after vocals.

Back