Reason Drums

AKStyleZ

Is it just me or does most of them suck, I mean theres not more then a handful of drums Id choose to work with there and despite EQ and messin around with them you dont get "THAT" sound as you looking for.
Sure it might sound good but not great, anyone cosigning dis one?
Im not talking about Reason as a whole but the stock Reason Soundbank Refill

Last edited:
That's why most people dig, hunt and create new sounds.

Even if there are a couple that are good I'm sure they've already been used on countless tracks.

I usually spend a day or two out of the month just creating new sounds, sampling and layering kicks so I always have a folder of fresh sounds to use.

Time to put in some work man, having the best sounds doesn't come easy (or cheap if your buying).

Last edited:
Is it just me or does most of them suck, I mean theres not more then a handful of drums Id choose to work with there and despite EQ and messin around with them you dont get "THAT" sound as you looking for.
Sure it might sound good but not great, anyone cosigning dis one?
Im not talking about Reason as a whole but the stock Reason Soundbank Refill

that's just subjective.

i know a lot of people rave about the stock reason sounds but i never use them. i've built up my own stock of samples that are much more intune to my tastes and what i need. but sometimes i do go browsing through the reason presets and i actually end up finding samples that i can use, usually the drum samples. you shouldn't write off the reason drums that quickly. maybe you just need to learn more about layering, filtering, EQing, etc.. i know they say you can't polish a turd but although i don't personally like most of the stock reason soundbank sounds i do realise that most of them are of high quality.

Maybe, all I know is that Ive used some refills that sounded better after being "polished" then the reason drumkit, but I kno there are a couple thats pretty good and fits well too into most tracks.

Yea, its normally a better idea to layer, compress and eq drums to get the right sound you're after. Make sure you start off with some good quality source drum sounds though to ensure they still sound good after you process them.

I usually spend a day or two out of the month just creating new sounds, sampling and layering kicks so I always have a folder of fresh sounds to use.

That's a really good idea.

Yeh thats a good idea, if its something I need to put more time into is creating my own sounds and organising my sounds I already have cuz at the moment its a huge mess.

Thx Morning ima check em out!

Back