Reason - is the Dr Rex really that useful?

baboon2009

I've never been able to understand what peopel are using it for. If you programme in your own beats, then you might use it for a little high-end percussion perhaps, but little else beyond that.

And if you want to slice up a sample, then using Recycle and the NN-XT is much better for that, so you can save allt he individual hits.

looks like someone didnt get the difference between those devices ! Both powerfull on their own ...

wurd .....need some more text in here for the minimum posting requirements to prove I'm not a computer.

wurd

i don't really fukc w/ the Rex...

you don't "have to" use it just because it's there...

certain tools fit certain styles...

looks like someone didnt get the difference between those devices ! Both powerfull on their own ...

I 'get' the difference in principle, thanks... I just don't think there's an awful lot to be done with it that you can't do with the other devices - if you could explain, rather than try so hard to be a smart arse, it would be more useful - cheers!

you don't "have to" use it just because it's there...

certain tools fit certain styles...

oh i agree, for sure - just seeing if there was something i'd missed about how to use it. Of course you can change a few variables in any rexxed file, and change the feel of the loop a bit...seems to be for people who can't be bothered to program much of their own stuff, to me.

Still, prove me wrong!

I 'get' the difference in principle, thanks... I just don't think there's an awful lot to be done with it that you can't do with the other devices - if you could explain, rather than try so hard to be a smart arse, it would be more useful - cheers!

No problem...but instead of immediately judging one od the devices listen up... its one button...one simple but most important button that makes the dr. rex so special...

" TO TRACK "

Now think about it ....

Peace
KB

some people like to chop manually.....others dont.....

dr rex is good if u have a library of rex files...it gives u a vehicle to experiment with the order of the various parts....

its not mandatory....

agree with the OP, i rarely use it and only times i do are for percusion loops such as shakers or tambourines.

another useful thing is they have kits that sound good that you can program individually yourself.

if your sampling something and chop your loops out of the song in 4-16 bar loops then when you load it into recycle you can make all your other chops there then when you save the the file you can use either the whole loop without having to play the chops or mess around with all the chops you made

Dr. Rex is dope... regardless... If I feel the need to load different chops and have them going to different outputs... THEN ill use NN-XT other then that everything sample related goes into Rex

Back