Reason doesnt sound in tune

icu

Whats goin on folks, I picked up Reason and ive got it synched with my hardware. The thing is is that reason sounds out of tune with my hardware. Reason and all my hardware are set at 440 Hz. Any ideas? Thanks for your time

yeah...when you press play does it not stay on beat? if it's the case, go to prefrences/general and check to make sure ur at 440 hz. if it's not the case, check ur asio driver and make sure ur latency is set right. forcing to 440 hz might help too but i didnt have this prob so i'm not sure about that.

Last edited:
Its not latency, it stays on point. The tuning is set at 440. As for the ASIO driver, im using a Mac. I dont think there are ASIO drivers, or am I wrong?

Make sure that there isn't a pitch wheel signal being sent by the mpc or Fantom. That's weird though. I don't know what it could be. I have seen faulty midi controllers do this.

@ other people. No he is not talking about latency. He talking about the tuning scale. Most people don't know that there are different scales for tuning and the most common is 440.

Back