Reason or Cubase????

Status
Not open for further replies.
^this thread is 8 years old are you telling me it was impossible for you to make a new topic rather than bringing an old one back that was totally unrelated

Go with reason to start with its a great learning tool as well as having decent synths and effects, for the priceits great. Dont listen to people saying you cant produce proffesional results from reason because you can. Also if you do buy another Sequencer say cubase or ableton live the you can rewire reason and it becomes full intergrated. A good combination id Ableton live and reason especially for hip hop production.

The latest prodigy album was made using reason.

Cubase all the way

... I realize that I am hella late in posting a reply to this thread. But I figured, what the heck, I might as well throw in a shout out...

I have worked with both Reason and Cubase, at different times in my musical hobby career. True, they were the older versions, but I still think my opinion is just as good.

I started off with using Reason, back in college. And as it was mentioned before... Reason was probably a good program to start off with, when I was just being introduced to music technology...

However, when I started using Cubase. I found that I had more creative flexibility than I did with Reason. It didn't take me long to figure out how to use it (cut; move; drag; paste). And even though I have been using it for a long time, there is always something new I have yet to discover about it.

So ultimately... Reason is good for taking the easier and cheaper way out in buying music software.

However... at some point, you will probably out grow Reason, if you start becoming more and more serious with music.

So, logically, it probably would be better to get a program that will give you the creative flexibility. Rather than having to learn a new software, later on down the line when you discover the limitations.

... I realize that I am hella late in posting a reply to this thread. But I figured, what the heck, I might as well throw in a shout out...

I have worked with both Reason and Cubase, at different times in my musical hobby career. True, they were the older versions, but I still think my opinion is just as good.

I started off with using Reason, back in college. And as it was mentioned before... Reason was probably a good program to start off with, when I was just being introduced to music technology...

However, when I started using Cubase. I found that I had more creative flexibility than I did with Reason. It didn't take me long to figure out how to use it (cut; move; drag; paste). And even though I have been using it for a long time, there is always something new I have yet to discover about it.

So ultimately... Reason is good for taking the easier and cheaper way out in buying music software.

However... at some point, you will probably out grow Reason, if you start becoming more and more serious with music.

So, logically, it probably would be better to get a program that will give you the creative flexibility. Rather than having to learn a new software, later on down the line when you discover the limitations.
I dont see how one could outgrow Reason. It has everything you need right in the box its a very complete package. I think the correct term is more like become bored with Reason. True Cubase is a very sophisticated piece of software and if you are into it (I prefer Sonar) its very very capable but lets not pretend like Reason is lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back