reason 8. any good for guitar players

JustFingers

ive been looking through the DAWS this past week, ive just started getting back into making some music again while ive been away for a few years concentrating on playing my guitars

basically i dont need any crazy VSTs or expensive Native Instruments sounds, i just want some good drums and maybe some good string sections to incorporate into my rock music

My question is, is reason the way to go? ive been watching videos and it seems incredibly easy to hook a guitar up, ive bought a POD Line6 UX2 (it seemed the best one for under £200 to use with guitars) and im getting some studio monitors tomorrow

I used to use Logic back in the day but i dont have a mac anymore, i bought FLStudio and quickly seen it was the wrong option (lol)

I dont want to make the same mistake twice. i know its possible in FL but Reason has the Amp and stuff in it

Thanks for any help

The Softube & Line 6 guitar/bass amp modeling rack extensions (free with purchase of reason 8) are solid if you're going directly into the computer with you're guitar. There are also a ton of good rack extensions & refills you can pick up to help you program the rest of your tracks in addition to the ton stock stuff that comes with reason. & the SSL mixer is awesome! I've used Logic, DP, FL & Pro Tools & reason is by far my favorite DAW so I can t recommend it enough.

I record 5 days a week for all sorts of clients. I use Reason 8 exclusively. I haven't had one guitar player who wasn't impressed with Reason's Softube and Line 6. I use those instead of the guitar players hardware about 90% of the time. I mainly use the Line 6. I've gotten some killer guitar sounds out of Reason. AND Reason's awesome UI makes it fun and easy. I would recommend.

Back