Reason 5.0!!!!

It's a solid piece of software. I wish they had worked some features of Record into it though....I'd kill for basic audio recording and access to Neptune.

They did add some Record features into Reason 5. The qwerty keyboard was a record feature and Explode was another Record feature. Besides that if they added all of the Record features to Reason then people wouldn't buy Record. I love Record. Well all except for the lack of midi out and the lack of mp3 support. Reason 5 is the shit also. Kong has made the beat making experience so much more fun.

i own Reason 5 had been using it a little bit but always had ableton i just fully switched over to ableton its better than reason if i do use it in the future ill just it to rewire some sounds

a really sucky piece of software.
Kong is a crappy MPC style sucker software like BPM or other shitties.
Live recording is hella useless
Dr Octorex was better when was just Dr Rex
SUCKA!

Kong is not mpc style is drum desinger more than a sampler but i'll yet the young boy keep his feeling and have his opinion only right.

Before Reason 5, the only thing about Reason I thought stood out was Maelstrom. Now, after Reason 5, it has caused me to take another glance at everything it had.

I think that Reason 5 is excellent, and Reason/Record combo is way more than than enough for anyone wanting to do home studio production work. Well, Recycle might be a good buy as well.

Bottom line, is that I am now a Reason fan. (And a Record fan). I don't use Record much, but I do like it. Reason has become a fun sound module for Ableton though.

The only things Props needs to do now is update Recycle to offer more editing features and integration with their other products, and also make a DJ platform with some Artillery 2 type effects that also integrates like Reason and Record does.

If they did that, they'd have all the software type production products covered and be a one stop solution company.

this might sound dumb.... but if you dont like those features then why is reason 5 better????????? besides it 24bit now

1. BETTER FACTORY SOUNDS - Just a few additions of sounds and it's a full sound bank for producers now. While I don't use kong, I do load the Kong libraries into Redrum and would honestly say I wouldn't have most of the refills and drum libraries I have today if Reason sounded like this from day 1.

2. 24bit mixing environment - Alot more manageable mixes, you can push alot of stuff that used to sound harsh to way further limits. Better sounding FX and patches. I can now get a better quality out of a template for production in Reason than I can out of ANY other program.

3. Loads quick as hell(could just be my comp, but I think they added disk streaming of some sort.

4. Tap Tempo for the times I want to 1 button sample inside Reason rather than time stretching to a tempo in Pro Tools to add the chopped loop to the NNXT. It's more like sampling with traditional gear(don't use it often, but still good to have).

5. Improvements to the GUI(cosmetic, but I like it), new sequencer scroller to make it easier to pinpoint parts of your song. New meters that make it easier to read than having to look at "reds, yellows, and greens".

6. Velocity controlled QWERTY keyboard. Perfect for turning my Mac Keys into velocity controlled drumpads.

7. New functions in the Dr. Octorex(even though I never use it for multichannels)there are good improvements that even if incorporated into the regular Dr. Rex would have been cool.

8. Self Contained Songs. To hell with "tracking out". I can now send someone an entire Reason 5 session with all my sounds packed in it so they can reopen it as a lossless file even if they don't have the sounds I have. Amazing tool for production teams, makes it easier for me to mix beats for producers who use Reason, and once exclusive rights are sold to an artist, they have the session to do as they wish with. This also cancels any wants of vsti support, because being able to do this is worth the sacrifice. With vstis it would be no more useful than saving a .rar file from FL or song files from Logic.

Last edited:
They should consolidate reason + record + recycle in just 1 program.
Then they should make something that allows you to use VSTi.
And they should give it for free to everybody

a really sucky piece of software.
Kong is a crappy MPC style sucker software like BPM or other shitties.
Live recording is hella useless
Dr Octorex was better when was just Dr Rex
SUCKA!

wow...that's funny.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

They should consolidate reason + record + recycle in just 1 program.
Then they should make something that allows you to use VSTi.
And they should give it for free to everybody

lol. I was with you until your last line.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

PH will never get another dime from me. I record vocals, chop samples, and use vsts. Thank you Ableton.

damn i missed the part where he said it should be free. thats rediculous. why would a company give all of their products away for free? Are you that poor where you can't afford to spend a couple hundred dollars on yourself. I bet you have a ps3 or an xbox though

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

also live recording is something people have wanted in Reason since version 1. Just because you dont personally use it doesnt mean nobody else will

lol i was joking when i said the thing about Reason fo free... anyway i don't have neither a ps3 or a xbox.
"Software is like sex, its better if its free" The father of Linux OS

Last edited:
1. BETTER FACTORY SOUNDS - Just a few additions of sounds and it's a full sound bank for producers now. While I don't use kong, I do load the Kong libraries into Redrum and would honestly say I wouldn't have most of the refills and drum libraries I have today if Reason sounded like this from day 1.

2. 24bit mixing environment - Alot more manageable mixes, you can push alot of stuff that used to sound harsh to way further limits. Better sounding FX and patches. I can now get a better quality out of a template for production in Reason than I can out of ANY other program.

3. Loads quick as hell(could just be my comp, but I think they added disk streaming of some sort.

4. Tap Tempo for the times I want to 1 button sample inside Reason rather than time stretching to a tempo in Pro Tools to add the chopped loop to the NNXT. It's more like sampling with traditional gear(don't use it often, but still good to have).

5. Improvements to the GUI(cosmetic, but I like it), new sequencer scroller to make it easier to pinpoint parts of your song. New meters that make it easier to read than having to look at "reds, yellows, and greens".

6. Velocity controlled QWERTY keyboard. Perfect for turning my Mac Keys into velocity controlled drumpads.

7. New functions in the Dr. Octorex(even though I never use it for multichannels)there are good improvements that even if incorporated into the regular Dr. Rex would have been cool.

8. Self Contained Songs. To hell with "tracking out". I can now send someone an entire Reason 5 session with all my sounds packed in it so they can reopen it as a lossless file even if they don't have the sounds I have. Amazing tool for production teams, makes it easier for me to mix beats for producers who use Reason, and once exclusive rights are sold to an artist, they have the session to do as they wish with. This also cancels any wants of vsti support, because being able to do this is worth the sacrifice. With vstis it would be no more useful than saving a .rar file from FL or song files from Logic.

gracias for the info... coming from you.. i have a better feeling about getting reason 5

Back