Reason 4 Piano???

SPIDERWEB127

Hey guys, do you know what kind of piano is used in 2Pac's songs "Changes" and "To Live & Die In L.A."? I've noticed that most 90's and 80's songs used that type of piano. I'm pretty sure it's not the NN-XT's "Bright Piano" or "Grand Piano" because they don't sound anything near that, and I've looked everywhere in Reason's Sound Bank but had no luck so far. Help me out please? :cry:

It's hard to say but Reason Piano's expansion refill is very good sounding. Takes forever to load the over 300 samples per patch though.

You may have to tweak your piano some to get it sounding just right.

The Abbey Road Refiil was one of my best buys ever, they're clean as hell!

Better than Reason piano's imo

The Abbey Road Refiil was one of my best buys ever, they're clean as hell!

Better than Reason piano's imo

How are they better? They are completely different. That's like comparing a synth refill to a brass refill. Reason Piano's are clean as hell also.

I didn't like the Steinway patches...

That's just me, I said it was just my opinion

Abbey Road just really impressed me

2Pac - Changes and 2 Live and Die in L.A.?

He's asking for a specific Piano sound, guys, not what we think is the "best".

That's like me asking about a Gibson and everyone telling me how good a Les Paul sounds.

He's looking for a Grand Piano(I beleive a Yamaha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob4MdIKjJOI pretty sure that's the exact piano used). Reason Piano's Refill is your best option because of the different micing of each Piano in the set, but you can find a good grand capable of reproducing a close emulation right in your factory Presets of Reason 4.0.

Who cares what sounds someone else used on some song at some time. Make your music your own!!

Find a piano you like and fits your mood and your groove!

^^^In all fairness, wanting a distinct Piano is far from wanting to sound like someone else. You most likely are intrigued by the texture of the sound.

Back