Is Reason 4 Backwards Compatible

bdondaunique1

Its a simple question that i cant seem to find the anwser to any where. I have the dl'd version of reason 3 and im thinking of buying the new one is it backwords compatible? It would suck to do the right thing and lose ll my music for it.

you can load from 4 to 3?!!? o_O
wow

now, I'm thinking of asking: "Whats the point? Why would you load a R4 project in R3?"

[spam] peep the sig ;) lol [\spam]

^^^I think it loads everything present in 3. So anything made in Thor and any samples exclusive to the new Soundbanks will be missing. I may be wrong, I haven't tried it, simply going by what I've been told by others. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go back to 3, I liked it way better, but don't wanna take the time to figure out what's gonna be corrupt in the tracks I load up.

Actually, i like 4 better. I just wish the devices wouldn't load a bank by default, but that's just a minor annoyance. I especially like the note lane and automation lane, the vectorized automation AND the trasnport automation. I just finished a track today using that (just the outro tho)

I'm almost positive I got a message while I was saving a project stating it would not be backwards compatible.

Still, as long as you're not using the new 4.0 instruments/effects, I suppose it's possible it would work.......but I'm not sure.

No man, as far as i know it is not backward compatible, i just sent a R4 file to a friend and he couldn't open it in his R3, but he never upgraded, so I don't know if this has anything to do with

tonyb said:
Reason 4 is backwards compatible and i have had no problems loading my reason 3 files into it. For help with producing with Reason visit www.pointblanklondon.com

Why are you in every post answering every question with "visit my point blank website for help". If you know the answer to his question then tell him, if not then don't say ****. I've been in about 10 threads and you say the same ****.

Reason 3 files incompatible with Reason 4

I don't know if anyone else had this problem. I've pretty much resigned myself to using Reason 3, because after trying to load my R3 sessions into R4, they are horribly compromised. My arrangements play out of order and everything. Please note: I created most of these files not by MIDI keyboard, but by arranging using the Matrix sequencer. The arrangement will play very strangely and i've found no remedy for the situation.

anyone else? it's not that serious...I primarily use Reason as a slave to PT or Cubase...

Back