Reason

I been thinking about getting reason but reason 3 do i really need all the upgrades. people still use old hardware cause they know it like the back of your hand u dont need to upgrade...RIGHT

If you are happy with Reason 3 by all means don't upgrade but imo Record and Reason 5 are the best things to ever happen to Reason. Im not saying this to try to sway people either in fact I didn't like Reason 4 much at all.

IMO Reason 3 to Reason 4 wasn't worth it. I hated the audio clip setup.. and Thor's good but it wasn't worth a full upgrade to me. Just combine a few Malstroms and Subtraktors.
But Reason 5's weeellll worth the upgrade. Kong is worth it alone. The sampling input feature is awesome too. I made me not care about the audio clip setup. I don't have any experience w/ Record yet, but it looks awesome.

Reason 3 wasnt worth it? Damn I thought the combinator and the new browser were worth the upgrade alone. Plus the Mclass fx and the mastering suite are extremely useful though I admit since getting Record I hardly touch the Mclass stuff

Reason 3 wasnt worth it? Damn I thought the combinator and the new browser were worth the upgrade alone. Plus the Mclass fx and the mastering suite are extremely useful though I admit since getting Record I hardly touch the Mclass stuff

No i'm saying it wasn't worth going from Reason 3 to Reason 4.
Reason 3 was greatness. From Reason 2.5 to Reason 3 might be one of the best upgrades i've ever witnessed lol.

o ok. I agree I thought Reason 4 was kind of a wack upgrade. I think bundled with Record 1.0 it was a good upgrade. The Arp and the regroove were useful though

reason 5 is definitely worth it. its the small things that you dont notice right off the bat but end up coming together in the end that make it. the 24 bit sounds is a big deal for me.

Only negative I can say about it is the sounds seem to load up slower. Not a big deal though... just an honest criticism.

Only negative I can say about it is the sounds seem to load up slower. Not a big deal though... just an honest criticism.
Shoot the whole program(Reason 5) is slower ,Its a bit buggy right now with the "not responding" and slow loading even on my i7 @ 3.8 ghz...smh

dam i havent really noticed any slow loading or not responding messages. im runnin a i5 dual core 2.66
Mac or Pc???I'm on pc ,my my laptop(core 2 duo) and desktop(i7) "beachball" like crazy with Reason 5 ,I have no problems with Reason 4 though ,other people had the same problems too with the performance of the program ,its to the point I can't stand opening the program to even make music.

Shoot the whole program(Reason 5) is slower ,Its a bit buggy right now with the "not responding" and slow loading even on my i7 @ 3.8 ghz...smh
really? I am on a P4 3.0ghz with 1.5 gigs of ram and it loads lovely for me except for when I choose the create instrument button

i could but i don't make beats in Reason anymore.... well i kinda do.... if do something i like i export that and put in Fl as a wav.....

but i have exported about every loop and sample out of that program haha....

i love reason's pianos tho so i stay playing a piece in there and just exporting it out because mainly all i have is a midi controller wit a mod wheel, and my screen isn't big enough to see everything i wanna do in Reason.... maybe if i upgrade my computer screen game i could stay in Reason.....

Mac or Pc???I'm on pc ,my my laptop(core 2 duo) and desktop(i7) "beachball" like crazy with Reason 5 ,I have no problems with Reason 4 though ,other people had the same problems too with the performance of the program ,its to the point I can't stand opening the program to even make music.

ya im on a mac. i also meant to say im on a i5 quad core, not duo.

Last edited:
i could but i don't make beats in Reason anymore.... well i kinda do.... if do something i like i export that and put in Fl as a wav.....

but i have exported about every loop and sample out of that program haha....

i love reason's pianos tho so i stay playing a piece in there and just exporting it out because mainly all i have is a midi controller wit a mod wheel, and my screen isn't big enough to see everything i wanna do in Reason.... maybe if i upgrade my computer screen game i could stay in Reason.....
have you tried the pianos refill? if you really like the preset pianos you will love the refill even more

Back