Reaper is really a beast

Roxis

I've been using it for a while now and I think I underestimated how good it is. I recently got Ableton Live and I love Ableton for creative purposes, but recording vocals on it was a nightmare. Even after recording MIDI as audio, disabling plug-ins and freezing tracks my vocals end up having clicks in the recording and it sounded horrible. My computer is a bit outdated so its understandable and I'm not knocking Live, but when I tracked out the project and recorded in Reaper I was like holy shit.

Everything was so much clearer with the Reaper audio engine, and the raw recordings in Reaper sounded much better. No glitches, clicks, nada, and the ASIO settings were exactly the same. The noise gate for Live would cut into my vocals even at its lowest threshold while with Reaper I have A. less need for a noise gate (i'm interested in figuring out why the recordings sound cleaner) and B. a better working gate that wouldn't mess up the vocals.

Having both programs is a mean 1,2 combo though, with Ableton handling creation and MIDI and Reaper handling recording and mixing. Now I just have to see how rewire works, and if it goes smooth I'll be extremely happy. :sing:

Only knock I had on Reaper when I tested it out was the GUI for adding plugins, and it took me too long to get the midi settings how I like 'em so I gave up.

Other than that it looked pretty dope.

Only knock I had on Reaper when I tested it out was the GUI for adding plugins, and it took me too long to get the midi settings how I like 'em so I gave up.

Other than that it looked pretty dope.

have to agree...

rewiring and multi-timbre vsti(s) are a hassle/not straight forward in reaper...

but it is a "very" solid app and rivals the bigger company's products...

Everything was so much clearer with the Reaper audio engine, and the raw recordings in Reaper sounded much better. No glitches, clicks, nada, and the ASIO settings were exactly the same. The noise gate for Live would cut into my vocals even at its lowest threshold while with Reaper I have A. less need for a noise gate (i'm interested in figuring out why the recordings sound cleaner) and B. a better working gate that wouldn't mess up the vocals.

:sing:[/QUOTE]

Thats why I dont battle and debate with people who say all DAWS sound the same.
You have to do extra stuff maybe to get the same end result but Daws do have there own color.:banghead:

As far as reaper with midi and rewire and plugins I have had issues.
It is solid Dont get me wrong. But If I was not using nuendo and samplitude I would use presonus .

I need to try the new protools 9 since you dont need there hard where any more.

again im happy you move on to something new and u love it- learn it like the back of your hand.

Back