Reaper cons?

MusicManiac

So i was wondering to start using this daw about my recording mixing mastering phase .
What are the cons about this daw ?
Is anything missing ?
Thanks for your time .

Reaper is an incredible DAW. In my honest opinion it lacks absolutely nothing and comes with just about everything to get you up and running. If there is something that you feel is missing request the feature from them and if it makes sense you may see it in an update which they include plenty of on a regular basis.

You can download the software which has no limitations and try it free for as long as you like. Youtube is full of in depth tutorials to get you started also. If you need help with any portion of the program aside from the actual composition of music please feel free to contact me through my site and I'll help you out.

I am also a big REAPER fan.
Biggest cons I can think of:
1. Stock FX plugs are ugly. Not lacking function in any way, just ugly. That shouldn't bother any serious producer at all.
2. No real inbuilt instruments or samplers. Yes, there's reasynth and reasamplomatic 5000, but they're not exactly powerful. You have to use your own VSTs, which is what a lot of producers do anyway, even if they're not using REAPER. With the money you save from buying REAPER you could easily afford a better synth than any of the stock plugins in any other DAW.
3. Slightly morbid name, connotations of death.

Last edited:
I am also a big REAPER fan.
Biggest cons I can think of:
1. Stock FX plugs are ugly. Not lacking function in any way, just ugly. That shouldn't bother any serious producer at all.
2. No real inbuilt instruments or samplers. Yes, there's reasynth and reasamplomatic 5000, but they're not exactly powerful. You have to use your own VSTs, which is what a lot of producers do anyway, even if they're not using REAPER. With the money you save from buying REAPER you could easily afford a better synth than any of the stock plugins in any other DAW.
3. Slightly morbid name, connotations of death.

i couldnt agree more :cheers:

i think reaper could do with a decent sequencer plugin but i use poise for making percussion loops and just record the midi once the samples are on the pads, outside of that cant think of much else really. i would agree that some of the reaper fx are a bit ugly looking but theyre good once you get the hang of them

Back