Realtime effects in cubase?

Dannymix

Is there a way to root my input of my soundcard directly to the VST effects for live realtime editing like VSTi.

short answer: yes

if you activate the input in cubase it will be available as a audio channel in the mixer, where you can put fx on it; the procedure differs slightly in cubase 5 vs. SX

Also, make sure that (in Cubase SX don't know about earlier versions) direct monitoring is turned OFF or you will not hear the effects.

So this should enable me to hear the vst effect on a input before its been recorded? I want to beable to use cubase as a realtime effects processor on any given input without haveing to first recording it to wave on a track?

Iv always direct monitor off it dont mean I can hear effects directly on my inputs.

So I take it that cubase is not able to directly feed a input directly through the VST effects?

Dannymix said:
So I take it that cubase is not able to directly feed a input directly through the VST effects?
As has been said before ;) it is !!
Direct monitoring simply means that you monitor the input, rather then the audio channel as processed in cubase. So you have to turn this off as The Agent says.

Have you tried this already? Did you experience problems? (what version of Cubase are you using?)

Hey thank you both for your help iv just found out how to do what I wanted and that is to sellect Tape to Tape ,it apears I cant sellect direct Moniotring on or off anyway but dont matter now.

Back