The real future producer !

Now SampleTank 2.5 if free... the full version. I guess they're getting into selling sound libraries for it.

Anybody can have the fully functional version of SampleTank now... plus 500 MB of free sounds.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah Sample Tank 2 free is a lick. So is proteus Xv that is a highly slept on free vst and probably the best vst workstation out there for free. shit I paid for it before it became freeware.

yeah Sample Tank 2 free is a lick. So is proteus Xv that is a highly slept on free vst and probably the best vst workstation out there for free. shit I paid for it before it became freeware.

That proteus has some great sounds to it. I have those same sounds via the command station.

Daymmmm i had actually forgot just how pro software this forum is.

Recomend some trashy freeware or fl or mock people for using midi devices n promote newbies to make trash music with there mothers pink mouse on her 10 years old windowsMe pc n everyone bigs you up.
Recomend a peice of hardware and get the shit ripped out of you by an army of fl studio bashin 13 year olds who spend more time on fp then they do on there cracked version of fl studio.

Sorry but the 'future producer' in question is already doomed is he's takin advice from the fp forum.

^^^Lol, says the dude who thinks an MPC 1000 standalone can compete with even a bootleg ver. of FL Studio on yo' mama's old Windows ME computer.

Did you read the original question?

Even if he did buy an MPC, he'd still need a computer and DAW to record into.

Nothing wrong with an MPC, but it's not the most applicable solution to the situation at hand.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

Okay.... you come across somebody with NO GEAR AT ALL! and they don't have much money...

What is the cheapest you can get them a decent set up for?

I'm talking - controller, workstation, PC/MAC, monitors, soundcard, headphones, mic, etc

They want to be able to get the best results for the cheapest prices and they need an entire workable set up.

What would you recommend to this guy so it'll be one trip to the store and he'll never have to go back... (if you know prices, put them beside your suggestions - then list your final total price - who can be THE CHEAPEST!)

???
Just sayin.

Recomend some trashy freeware or fl or mock people for using midi devices n promote newbies to make trash music with there mothers pink mouse on her 10 years old windowsMe pc n everyone bigs you up.
Recomend a peice of hardware and get the shit ripped out of you by an army of fl studio bashin 13 year olds who spend more time on fp then they do on there cracked version of fl studio.

Sorry but the 'future producer' in question is already doomed is he's takin advice from the fp forum.

the stuff below in my tool box is the stuff i own/use but i also own a mpc2000...

the mpc is "soooo" yesterday compared to what is available today...

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

i have to agree with sampletank 2.5 (free) and proteusXV (free) an individual will have a nice palette of sounds...

You sound like you have not tried any recent software. I would have agreed with this a few years ago but now is a different story. Given you have a good midi controller and a decent computer you can get a lot more done with FL than a mpc. My mpc collects dust as I make all of my tracks with Reason

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Xab, good looks on that Rokit mention. I've seen those go for like $300 a single speaker. Guitar Center be overcharging lol.
i have never seen them for more than $300 for the pair. Ive had my rokit 5s for almost 3 years though (weird to think about because April 08 dont feel like that long ago)

Cosigning. If you have FL on your left shoulder and Reason on your right life just starts to look different. Me, with Pro Tools perched on the rooftop I can't even think sometimes, conflict of interest lol.

New York shops on the dollar, shame.

I really dont get why people love the FL/Reason combo so much? Maybe its because I am not a fan of FL but imo I would think Reason would benefit more from a traditional daw environment for audio rather than a sequencer for synths which Reason already contains. If you prefer the FL seuqencer fair enough but other than that what are the real advantages?

I don't even use them together myself like that, the FL/Reason rewire is slow as hell to set up IMHO. But when FL starts giving me block, I float to Reason to work with, vice versa. Two different perspectives, helps the creative process for some. Too, I think Reason works really well standalone, doesn't much need anything else besides a board to work with... I just learned the game with FL first, so it's like automatic vs. stick shifting... FL seems WAY easy to put things together in, and the open browser makes it run like XP or something.

Back