Rap/Hip-Hop strings VST?

^^ Cool beat, but the instruments sound a bit thin IMO. But I guess it's because it's not your best mix like you said yourself.

yeah I just made it for the sake of making a whole beat with the purity only when I 1st got it. I've got others where I could point out each sound that was made with it, like the strings and bass synth on the Durtey Souf beat on my myspace page.

Strings are the kind of thing that takes awhile to master. We will take forever to learn to get out drums and baselines right but want to throw some generic syth sound ofr our strings sounds.

I just look back to so many of my 60s and 70s records and see just how much work they put into real strings and how artist/producers like Barry White, Curtis Mayfield and Issac Hayes relied on thier strings just as much as thier funky beats and basslines. They are just as much a part of funk as anything.

Good strings can create a mood or feel like nothing else. Invest some real time and money into them.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Luxonix Purity:D

I´ve checked out the demo and I must say it´s got some mean brasses! Real dirty! Plus some grimey synths. Strings are not its strongest points though, I think I´ll stick with East West EWQLSO Silver Edition even though I´d really like those Triton strings :(

xtrordinare said:
purity? dude said it has some good brass, ima have to check it out, i like to get as much brass as i can get

For real, these are the best brasses I ever heard!

mano 1 said:
i_love_italy_heart_italian_flag.jpg

trumindz said:
Let's not turn this into another "Dre is overrated" thread.

Ontopic: I sure wish they made a Triton emulator in VST form. I can't afford a regular Triton. :(
tritonsoftsynthvsti.jpg

Last edited:
That triton VSTi doesn't really exsist. It's an internet hoax. I beleive someone on FP originally made that pic on photoshop.

Nevermind, I guess someone already told you, lol.

Last edited:
Your dumb if your tell a person to make em your own. Thats why he asked a question lol!. If you check out Battle Cat videos he will tell you he uses Mo-Phatt and Triton for such Hip Hop String Sounds. Even Scott Storch uses a Motif.

There are many ways to imitate sounds if you cannot come up with the real thing. There are other producers around here that can tell you how to make Hip Hop Strings.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

The homie traumah of TraumahDrums actually says there are Hip hop Strings in Reason that are in the combinator refills, so it doesn't have to be a "Live" sound.

Back