Quick Logic Question

dj tjaden

First off, this IS about chopping. But is NOT the same question you folks probably keep hearing over and over.

Anywho, Ill get right to it. So I just started chopping on Logic and its all goin well. I seperated it up so each pad will play a bar. The only problem I'm having is that when the sample is chopped up there is a slight click/popping noise in the background when a new sample is activated.

The samples are playing at full velocity (127) so I tried turning that down a bit but it didn't change anything. Theyre also quantized so they're perfect in that respect, I tried moving them out of time a bit but that didnt change anything either.

The key part might be this: when I play the sample split up how I did (with the scissor tool) in its own audio channel it has the clicks in it. So this doesnt seem to be a problem with the sampler or my akai mpd18. Am I cutting audio files wrong? I've just been using the scissor tool to do it.

Ive only been on Logic for a month now so I'm a little newbish I apologize. Its not my first DAW though. Any help you guys can suggest is ppreciated. Cheers:cheers:

Chopping with scissors shouldnt be the problem. Thats how I chop em, then I send them to a sampler track, it must be a aiff. format

Try selecting all of the chops and use the fade tool to add a quick fade in.

For chops not to pop, they need to be made at a zero-crossing (where the audio crosses the zero-line). Otherwise, use short fade-ins and fade-outs to avoid the popping.

cycloptic

Back