Quantize mode is always too quick

ScorchinBeats

This has been bugging me for the longest time. I'm using Samplitude 10. Whenever I record a track on my MIDI keyboard, the timing is OK during playback. Problem is, whenever I quantize the notes will always be move so that they're too quick than they should be.

Like the notes always move to the spot right before the correct one, as if I'm playing too fast. Is there a way to fix this? I don't think it's my playing. Before quantization, most notes are usually on time.

Im not familiar with your DAW but quantize is a really good feature and in most DAW`s you can edit how hard/soft it quantizes your notes,Try checking the settings.

check the settings im betting its set to move the notes before the beat (some stuff does that like the mpc series for example)

^Lol, well I've messed wit it and can't find anything. Maybe the Q Window setting?

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out my self. The offset knob.

/thread

Last edited:
This is exactly the kind of genius that makes me wanna quit FP.

lmaooo.... you wanna quit fp thats on you... im just saying sometimes it better not to quantize.. so your music has more swing to it... what you think everyone uses quantize??? :monkey:

Back