Protools uninstall/reinstall HELP!

SoVicious

Let me start by saying I have Windows XP and have run protools on this computer for 2 years with not 1 problem.

Ok, so I went to open Protools a day or 2 ago and nothing happened... double click and I got nothing. Same with reason and FL (nothing is bootlegged). So I tried so many different things and even tried reinstalling the driver for the mbox2 (which they are all connected to). I tried safe mode, and i tried to do a system restore.

the system restore never worked. I cant restore my computer to any date. I tried about 20 different days and they all come back saying it couldnt restore.

i came to the conclusion i need to try and reinstall Protools. So I go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and find Digidesign Protools. Once I start running the uninstall it gets about 2 bars (2% i guess) and then stops. I have to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the uninstall.

so now i must figure out a way to uninstall. Im sure that just starting the uninstall probably took out important files.

HELP!

EDIT: Protools was working just fine 2 days ago and there have been no major changes or installs on my computer.

Last edited:
Just reinstall Windows again and reinstall everything
If you did it from the beginning everything would be running by now

Sorry. Reinstalling everything is the absolute last thing I want to do(and couldn't possibly be the only option). There's too many files to back up and too many programs to reinstall. It is only my audio programs. There has to be a connection there.

If you can open any of those programs you have a very big problem.

You can play around for days and get nowhere or you can do the smart thing and reformat..You should be able to open one of them

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> ok so I uninstalled from the setup file on the PT Disk. It seemed to go all the way through and uninstall everything with no problem. But now when I go back to install from the setup file it gives me this error...

"Digidesign Audio Drivers appear to be installed on this computer. The Protools driver versions are not compatible with installed Digidesign audio Drivers.

Please use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to uninstall the existing Digidesign Audio Drivers and restart this computer before installing Protools"

What drivers??? It should have uninstalled those drivers when I did the full uninstall. And there is nothing in my Add/remove programs that relates to Digidesign or PT...

Someone please help!!!

did you instal internet explorer 8 lately? auto updates?

nope... heard about that

ok , do this dowmload " Revo Uninstaller " from here http://www.revouninstaller.com/
run in advance mode ...this will uninstell eveything and remove stuff from your reg. ok ...

doesnt work if PT is already installed theres no way for me to tell that program to fin what im looking for. its a nice looking add/remove programs

There should be need to re-install it, otherwise you can use revo uninstaller software which works very good for me even. I used this uninstaller software many times and happy with it. You should give a try to it.

Back