propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Mysterious.

Maybe it's 3rd party plugin support for record, just kidding, that'll never happen.

its definitly reason 5...........it says it on there website with a count down clock n all that.

It's propably Reason 5 which introduces some new effects.

I was joking, and yes it probably is reason 5.

I hope, hope, hope, they update dr rex so that you dont have to use that damn recycle anymore, and also update some other samplers like the nnxt, or better yet just combine dr rex and nnxt. Some updates to the advanced reverb and mixers wouldn't hurt eiter. Sorry, I just realized I made this into another reason wishlist thread. But those things are just begging to be updated.

I was joking, and yes it probably is reason 5.

I hope, hope, hope, they update dr rex so that you dont have to use that damn recycle anymore, and also update some other samplers like the nnxt, or better yet just combine dr rex and nnxt. Some updates to the advanced reverb and mixers wouldn't hurt eiter. Sorry, I just realized I made this into another reason wishlist thread. But those things are just begging to be updated.

What's wrong with a Reason wishlist thread? I would like to see them update all of the modules personally. Maybe add some new effects like a convolution reverb. Update NNXT with some new filter modes, etc.....

Propellerhead only updates Reason every 2 or 3 years and the updates are always reasonably priced, so it's a no brainer to upgrade once it's released.

i wonder if anyone around here got a chance to beta it.

prolly not if someone would have they woulda already spilled the beans by now.

What's wrong with a Reason wishlist thread? I would like to see them update all of the modules personally. Maybe add some new effects like a convolution reverb. Update NNXT with some new filter modes, etc.....

Propellerhead only updates Reason every 2 or 3 years and the updates are always reasonably priced, so it's a no brainer to upgrade once it's released.

There's nothing wrong with one, it's just there's no shortage of wishlists threads on this site. I'd for love for everything to be updated too, but that's not likely. As for it being a no-brainer for an upgrade, we'll see when they announce what they have.

Last edited:
Well, if it ain't a new version of Reason, what do you think it would be? Propellerhead usually keeps such tight security on their new releases that I haven't heard anything at all.

it has to be reason 5. as i stated before on there website it even says so!

why would props put up a huge banner on there homepage saying reason 5 / record 1.5 with a countdown clock if thats not what they were gonna release?

Well, if it ain't a new version of Reason, what do you think it would be? Propellerhead usually keeps such tight security on their new releases that I haven't heard anything at all.

No, it probably is. I was talking about what they have when it comes to the updates to reason 5. One thing seems to be most likely though, it wont have the ability to record audio, they've built a whole other product (and a whole other way to get revenue) out of that. I find it kind of unfortunate though, record in my opinion could of just been easily released as reason 5 and a lot of people would of been satisfied with that.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

why would props put up a huge banner on there homepage saying reason 5 / record 1.5 with a countdown clock if thats not what they were gonna release?

Where's this banner? I'm not seeing it on the homepage. All I see is a countdown.

It doesn't say "Reason 5/Record 1.5 on the homepage....

http://www.propellerheads.se/

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

One thing seems to be most likely though, it wont have the ability to record audio, they've built a whole other product (and a whole other way to get revenue) out of that. I find it kind of unfortunate though, record in my opinion could of just been easily released as reason 5 and a lot of people would of been satisfied with that.

I agree. It seems that the Props wanted to market Record to a whole new crowd in some ways because you don't have to be a Reason user to use Record. They made Record it's own entity.

my bad maybe its not on the homepage but it definitly says reason 5/ record 1.5 in huge letters slightly off to the right of the page on the link that the OP posted

If it's Reason 5 it will propably have dongle and if you own Record it works with the same dongle.

Oh wow I almost completely forgot about the dongle thing. Still you can save right? So its not as bad as some other people's dongle situations.

now i see why you guys are like what is statixx talking about it doesnt say it on there homepage.

i had been checking this thread from my cell phone from he get go. for some weird reason when i click the link the op posted on my cell phones internet i swear to god it says reason 5 on the homepage.

but when im on my regualr laptop it doesnt say reason at all.

you guys see where to blank black spot is at about the coutndown and the dates?

well on my celly in that area it says reason 5 / record 1.5

anyone else wit internet on there cell who can confirm this should do so!

now i see why you guys are like what is statixx talking about it doesnt say it on there homepage.

i had been checking this thread from my cell phone from he get go. for some weird reason when i click the link the op posted on my cell phones internet i swear to god it says reason 5 on the homepage.

but when im on my regualr laptop it doesnt say reason at all.

you guys see where to blank black spot is at about the coutndown and the dates?

well on my celly in that area it says reason 5 / record 1.5

anyone else wit internet on there cell who can confirm this should do so!

Haha, it'd be pretty funny if bad coding for mobile browsers is leaking reason 5 and the record 1.5 update early. Nice catch man.

Oh yeah, and I only have mobile safari which seems to renders the page just like my desktop so I cant confirm this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back