propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be the first to admit that i cant mix or master. these are real skill sets. we have this college kid at my job (summer intern) that goes to the university of miami for music engineering. and you guy talk like yall are in the same league as him. please go to the university of miami website and see what it takes to get into that program. while at the website see where these individuals get jobs.

what i am saying when i come to this forum is about real life experiences and not something i may "think" is right.

so what i am saying here is that i could not get into the music engineering program at university of miami...

question...

can you?

for one i graduated at IAR here in ny. so i do have that skill set. alot of engineer that graduate from the these school is not garanteed for a job. especially here in ny. the reason being its a over saturated market. think about it. the ratio to those that go these school and the amount of people that actually get jobs the ratio is that not that great. but you are definitely right when it the come to music being good to begin with. that is what i was stating a person with skill, but most engineers that i know didn't even go to those schools. so in honestly i feel like those school don't mean much because its really no set rule to engineering or mixing its all on the person's ear. and nowadays especially in the hiphop world these top notch producers have they own set engineer.

You were talking about Propellerheads taking over the software DAW world, not Reason replacing hardware MPCs. Where do they say they run rings around Logic, Cubase, Live, Sonar, etc.?

Reason with the stability and cost and a few more features (not including midiout or vsti support) enhancements there will be nothing out there like it...

lets get this right...

Props never said they run rings around logic, cubase, live, sonar, etc..

IMO, here is where Reason run rings around logic, cubase, live, sonar, etc..

go to forums that discuss logic, cubase, live, sonar, etc they all have one thing in common...

problems/bugs

go to forums that discuss Reason you never hear about problems/bugs...

that right there...

stability...

Props are a few features away...

for one i graduated at IAR here in ny.

go read the requirement to get into university of miami music engeering school...

you cant get into univerity of miami music engineering school with a GED...

IAR will help you get your GED so that you could get into IAR...

you win!!!!

we are talking about two different things...

Reason with the stability and cost and a few more features (not including midiout or vsti support) enhancements there will be nothing out there like it...

lets get this right...

Props never said they run rings around logic, cubase, live, sonar, etc..

IMO, here is where Reason run rings around logic, cubase, live, sonar, etc..

go to forums that discuss logic, cubase, live, sonar, etc they all have one thing in common...

problems/bugs

go to forums that discuss Reason you never hear about problems/bugs...

that right there...

stability...

Props are a few features away...

I agree it's stable. So your reason for saying that Props only want you to use their products is that it's stable, it runs rings around the MPC according to dude who runs the company, and they're just a few features away from shitting on the major daws?

I agree it's stable. So your reason for saying that Props only want you to use their products is that it's stable, it runs rings around the MPC according to dude who runs the company, and they're just a few features away from shitting on the major daws?

it is alittle more complex than that...

but to sum it up...

yes...

:sing:

go read the requirement to get into university of miami music engeering school...

you cant get into univerity of miami music engineering school with a GED...

IAR will help you get your GED so that you could get into IAR...

you win!!!!

we are talking about two different things...

ummm i have a high school diploma and and a college degree a bachelors in visual communications but since you assume that i have no clue into engineering or the school thats out there i'll let you assume whatever you want.

ummm i have a high school diploma and and a college degree a bachelors in visual communications but since you assume that i have no clue into engineering or the school thats out there i'll let you assume whatever you want.

who said you did not have a high diploma?

there are some individuals that go to IAR with GED...

that is not happening at the "U"...

anyone could go to IAR...

not everyone can get into the "U"...

just wondering what are the entry requirements for the music engineering at miami university? i'm not from america and when i searched i got a few engineering schools from miami, although i'm assuming this is the one http://mue.music.miami.edu/.

from quickly looking at that site the only requirements i can see for the undergrad degree seem to be either proficiency with a musical instrument or a good voice. i don't what the technical procedure for applying to US universities or colleges is though.

there doesn't seem to be an undergrad degree in music engineering. there only seems to be a masters in music engineering. i could be mistaken though.

I make more professional sounding beats in Reason then I do any other app
who ever said its for beginners is not so smart

LOL :rofl: This program is for anyone that can see the simplicity and productivity of Reason/Record, it's not aimed at young heads or old, it's aimed at anyone who want to have those qualities.

terror all the information is there (believe me)...

look under admissions...

just search the site and all the information is there...

Last edited:
people say that you can't make a professional sounding track in reason is because they depend 3rd party plugins to make there track sound hot. if you have the skill you can make anything sound good. you know how to use one compressor you know to use them all. a eq is a eq i hate when people try to justify a difference in eqs. its funny to me.

Exactly! I will be putting up a video tomorrow, got the copyright done, and how I mixed the project in Record, and it's not even mastered. Man I am so loving that SSL Mixer. That low and high pass filter is the ish, the EQ's are dope and I have the effect right there in front of me. Lets not talk about the Bus mix compressor! YOu can do a full fledge production without opening any daw for VST's! Why would I sweat or need vst's when I have the Eventide H3000, 480L, M5000, and the PCM90 for Reason/Record? They sound crazy, let alone the RV7000, I love that thing.

Last edited:
ok thanks. for some reason it was redirectly me to the graduate page. after checking it out it seems that there seems to be a general interview as well as a musical audition as part of the entry requirements.

in my experience most universities tend to have musical requirements for music engineering or music technology degrees. while most institutes of technology (ITs) tend to have less strict entry requirements or more emphasis placed on maths ability. but that's just here. i obviously don't know what it's like in the US. here we have a couple of those music engineering colleges that have absolutely no entry requirements (not even a secondary school graduation, equivalent of high school grad i guess). the only entry requirement is a couple of thousand euros to pay for the course...

ok thanks. for some reason it was redirectly me to the graduate page. after checking it out it seems that there seems to be a general interview as well as a musical audition as part of the entry requirements.

in my experience most universities tend to have musical requirements for music engineering or music technology degrees. while most institutes of technology (ITs) tend to have less strict entry requirements or more emphasis placed on maths ability. but that's just here. i obviously don't know what it's like in the US. here we have a couple of those music engineering colleges that have absolutely no entry requirements (not even a secondary school graduation, equivalent of high school grad i guess). the only entry requirement is a couple of thousand euros to pay for the course...

1247 on you sat(s) here is the states is "damn" good...

if you looked at the requirements/application for admission you have to play an instrument, audition, they want to know how long, if you had private lesson, if you were in summer music camp, etc...

all of these things are music experiences/weeding out process and cant be read about or you boi telling you about it. you would of had to live it...

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

And where did you get those for Reason/Record?

thank you...

you know i could not ask...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

MR Gibbs, how is the reverb on the Kong? Can you layer sounds on it and like sound design with it?

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

And where did you get those for Reason/Record?

If you want it hit me on the email and send me an email and I will email it to you. :sing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back