propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if third party plugin support was coming, it'd be much more likely to be in Record.

integrate recycle into reason/record, or turn dr. rex into a more recycle like rex chopper

I'd be more impressed if they were releasing Recycle 3.0 with midi playback, MP3 import and time stretch.

Word, i am also waiting for this. Would be dope if Recycle would be built-in in Reason (If they dropping Reason 5). And i also would love to see it built more for sample based stuff (powerful sampler or something).
Maybe there will be 5 ''surprises'' because there is 5 dates (in one time is running) so maybe they drop something in each day.

Maybe there will be 5 ''surprises'' because there is 5 dates (in one time is running) so maybe they drop something in each day.

Yeah judging by the homepage it seems like they'll be doing that type of marketing, each day is a new feature, so I expect five major (or at least what propellerhead thinks is major) things.

This javascript confirms it's gonna be Reason 5:

FinishMessage = "It is finally here!";

Last edited:
i promise its 5!

its weird that only my phone across the entire web is the only one that the banner shows up on.

but mark my words......you guys are gonna see that banner with the green and orange triangles and all on there site in a few days and you best believe im gonna quote myself to remind yall THAT I KNEW FIRST.

i promise its 5!

its weird that only my phone across the entire web is the only one that the banner shows up on.

but mark my words......you guys are gonna see that banner with the green and orange triangles and all on there site in a few days and you best believe im gonna quote myself to remind yall THAT I KNEW FIRST.

Maybe, but that also could be a tick, that someone see that and then say that in forums like this and everyone thinking that there will be Reason 5 and then BOOOM it is not Reason 5 and it is something else but dope.
But yea as i said I also hope it is Reason 5 with built in recycle with midi playback, mp3 import, time stretch and more powerful sampler.

I hope they don't bring out some stuff for those I Pads.

Hmm maybe that really could be Reason 5 - 5days, 5 new features(in each day opens new feature of reason 5) and at the end drops Reason 5, will see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
i seriously doubt that they add 3rd party plugin support. that would probably cannibalize their refill sales market. they will probably just add some new synths/FX. I will be impressed if they overhaul the NNXT and give it more 3rd party format support like kontakt.

i saw it on my phone too....didnt when i used opera...but when i used internet explorer on it, it said reason 5

They are gonna keep Recycle a separate program, even if they integrated some of its features into Reason or Record.

Recycle is not just for musicians, a lot of companies use that program to sell content in RX2 format.

The day that the Props people combine Reason, Record, and Recycle into one product will be the day they decide to go out of business. Why sell one product when they can sell three? There is more money in having multiple products and selling crossgrades and upgrades, then just selling one robust "do-it-all" product and lure in upgrading alone. Guitarists and other live musicians may like Record over Cubase or Sonar LE versions and not want all the stuff Reason would dump in their lap at twice the price.

Reason and Record have different ways of working and composing and arranging and all that, not to mention the "modular" way of working Reason moved towards...I actually like that they are integrated very well, but still separate.

The "do-it-all" product companies like Logic on Mac and Cakewalk on PC have that locked down fairly tightly these days, so I applaud Props for aiming right down the middle of both computer platforms, keeping their products isolated from outsiders but very well integrated in their own sphere, and giving good offerings for people with different needs without bloating them up and inflating the costs too high.

I don't see this paradigm changing any time soon.

...But who knows...

They are gonna keep Recycle a separate program, even if they integrated some of its features into Reason or Record.

The day that the Props people combine Reason, Record, and Recycle into one product will be the day they decide to go out of business. Why sell one product when they can sell three?

Reason and Record have different ways of working and composing and arranging and all that, not to mention the "modular" way of working Reason moved towards...I actually like that they are integrated very well, but still separate.

so I applaud Props for aiming right down the middle of both computer platforms, keeping their products isolated from outsiders but very well integrated in their own sphere, and giving good offerings for people with different needs without bloating them up and inflating the costs too high.

Of course it makes financial sense for them to sell it separately, and they don't have seem to have problems selling their software.

As for keeping all the products separate for functionality and less "bloat". It has it's advantages and disadvantages, but when I want to do a simple chop and maybe timestretch of a sample and I have to open a entirely different program to do so, it's just plain annoying.

its reason 5 and 9 times out of 10 they will have midi out will help me eliminate pro-tools and logic. thank you jesus.

I was joking, and yes it probably is reason 5.

I hope, hope, hope, they update dr rex so that you dont have to use that damn recycle anymore, and also update some other samplers like the nnxt, or better yet just combine dr rex and nnxt. Some updates to the advanced reverb and mixers wouldn't hurt eiter. Sorry, I just realized I made this into another reason wishlist thread. But those things are just begging to be updated.

SG if they update Dr Rex so you wouldn't have to use Recycle I think that's kinda dope. So are you saying Recycle would be meshed into Dr Rex? how would that work if you don't mind explaining.

Updating the looks in Reason would be nice nothing wrong with that, I even said that also. New skins would be cool.

SG if they update Dr Rex so you wouldn't have to use Recycle I think that's kinda dope. So are you saying Recycle would be meshed into Dr Rex? how would that work if you don't mind explaining.

Updating the looks in Reason would be nice nothing wrong with that, I even said that also. New skins would be cool.

As far as the concept goes, its not very complicated, IF they did this it'd be very similar to other slicing plugins. Just take recycle, and function wise scale it down to the dr rex module meaning you can select a sample, and set slice points. Also maybe add true time stretching to it. As someone posted before midi out would definitely be a nice and welcomed feature.

EDIT: Just thought of a good example of how it could be implemented. Izotope's phatmatik. http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/phatmatik/

I agree, new skins would be cool, not super important but definitely good for us who like virtual eye candy.

Last edited:
I will break to you now...LOL It wont happen. For now or tomorrow. :)

midi out will definitely be in this update trust and believe its the biggest simplest feature they can add. plus its the #1 request. most of the time i'm spot on when it comes to reason releases since i've been using reason since 1.0

midi out will definitely be in this update trust and believe its the biggest simplest feature they can add. plus its the #1 request. most of the time i'm spot on when it comes to reason releases since i've been using reason since 1.0

I feel you man. Even I would like to buy a moog if they will have MIDI-out. But it just won't happen on R5 atleast for now. Yep, someone told me. :)

I feel you man. Even I would like to buy a moog if they will have MIDI-out. But it just won't happen on R5 atleast for now. Yep, someone told me. :)

Was it your cousin's nephew's brother's friend's dad who works for propellerhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back