propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it has two triangles one pointing upwards thats green and one pointing downwards whats orange and in between the triangles in white block letters it says reason 5 / record 1.5.

i wish my palm treo could do a screen save shot then i could show you guys im not crazy lmao.

it has two triangles one pointing upwards thats green and one pointing downwards whats orange and in between the triangles in white block letters it says reason 5 / record 1.5.

i wish my palm treo could do a screen save shot then i could show you guys im not crazy lmao.

I don't see why you would make something up like that. Anyway news of reason 5 and record 1.5 seems to make perfect sense for what's coming next.

It doesn't say that on my phone, but I'll take your word for it.

Last edited:
heres a pic i took from my macs camera i tried my best to catch a shot of it with no glare. if you look close you can barely read it says

REASON 5 RECORD 1.5 with the triangles and all!!!!

Take a photo of it and upload it. Your post made it all the way over to the Propellerhead forums.

Nevermind. You beat me to the punch.

Last edited:
yea because like i said i took the pic from my mac. macs do that.......they flip the image its looking at backwards

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

so now that everyone knows im part of the illumanati

lets discuss...........what will reason 5 most likely have new?

id love to see recycle incorporated without having to switch back and forth between programs.

Last edited:
yea because like i said i took the pic from my mac. macs do that.......they flip the image its looking at backwards

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

so now that everyone knows im part of the illumanati

id love to see recycle incorporated without having to switch back and forth between programs.

Yeah I posted the same earlier. Also I was just messing around with reason looking at what I'd want improved, and I thought maybe having a small line mixer as part of a combinator device could be really cool, but maybe I'm just getting too crazy.

I doubt they will do that since they still sell Recycle for $199.

I'd be more impressed if they were releasing Recycle 3.0 with midi playback, MP3 import and time stretch(would be dope if they integrated Recycle into Reason with these features). The only thing they could add to Reason 5 to raise my brow would be VST/RTAS/AS Support).

I'm expecting a new synth, few small tweaks on old stuff(hopefully not the sequencer unless they're giving options on how you want the sequencer to work, still pissed they changed it from 3), new FX and something that's already outdated by the time it releases...like a "pitch correction"(autotuner)effect.

Last edited:
I doubt they will do that since they still sell Recycle for $199.

I wonder how many sales they still have on that. Honestly, other sampler plugins or DAWs with the built-in in fucntaionality to chop, drag and drop samples are way ahead, if they don't update dr rex for version 5 at this point, it just starts making them look bad in my opinion.

Chopping and stretching samples is incredibly easy in other pieces of software when compared to standalone reason now, and I'm still amazed that propellerhead hasn't addressed this issue yet.

I'd be more impressed if they were releasing Recycle 3.0 with MP3 import and time stretch.

Sorry but I truly can't fathom a reason for wanting to use recycle standalone when it can be integrated straight into a new version of reason, I'd much rather have that.

Last edited:
Sorry but I truly can't fathom a reason for wanting to use recycle standalone when it can be integrated straight into a new version of reason, I'd much rather have that.

You acting like you KNOW that's an option.

I'd rather not have to deal with RX2 at all if they add something similar to FL's Edison or the loop editor found in any DAW. We're talking ifs maybes and might bes.

I'm so used to props that I tend to think small to keep from being disappointed.

Last edited:
yea i doubt its gonna be anything drastic.

id just like to see recycle incorporated

id like to see mp3 support

id like to see timestretch

but who knows......guess we'll know in a week or so.

You acting like you KNOW that's an option.

I'd rather not have to deal with RX2 at all if they add something similar to FL's Edison or the loop editor found in any DAW. We're talking ifs maybes and might bes.

I'm so used to props that I tend to think small to keep from being disappointed.

Oh I completely agree, but it doesn't hurt to throw around some interesting ideas. I understand though, can't get your hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back