propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thats fine i still prefer reason over kontakt anyday of the week but that's just me.

Last edited:
the patch consist of 1 scream machine, 1 mclass eq, 1 mixer 14:2, 6 nn-xt, 3 micro mixer, 3 peq-2, 1 malstrom....

sounds like a enough to make a whole track...

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

not this time...

on a rain day with nothing to do go back and read some of his posts...

then you will understand...

:D

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

if the Reason samplers had a purge function that would help allot too.

say you load the Reason Bass, create your bassline, then the purge function would unload all the samples that is not being used by the bassliine...
are they all combinator files?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

whats this purge function you guys are talking about?

pretty much deleting unused wav from a patch something that easily be done since the nnxt was introduced but you know some people act like it can't be done in reason lol. just selected the waves you are not using on the device and press delete, resave the patch and keep it moving. people don't like to do the work. they expect the software to do everything for them. so they find excuses that the software is playing catch up.

Last edited:
pretty much deleting unused wav from a patch something that easily be done since the nnxt was introduced but you know some people act like it can't be done in reason lol. just selected the waves you are not using on the device and press delete, resave the patch and keep it moving. people don't like to do the work. they expect the software to do everything for them. so they find excuses that the software is playing catch up.

People just like to make excuses for software when it doesn't make a task easier, especially when the competition is doing that particular thing better.

See what I did there?

Last edited:
You can't be serious. You either have no understanding of what the purge feature does or your being deliberately dense solely for the purpose of defending reason. Either way your spreading disinformation. Yes purging simply deletes unused waves but suppose your using a piano patch with 264-704 separate wavs. Will you seriously go through all the effort to find out which sample aren't being used for a particular sequence just to delete them manually.

Last edited:
Funniest post ever!!!!!!!!!!LOL ,are you serious?????just when you thought reaching has a limit ,someone goes all "Mr.Fantastic" to defy all odds.....smh just stop posting homie ,your not helping the situation at all, your just making yourself look pretty bad.....

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

the patch consist of 1 scream machine, 1 mclass eq, 1 mixer 14:2, 6 nn-xt, 3 micro mixer, 3 peq-2, 1 malstrom....

sounds like a enough to make a whole track...

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

not this time...

on a rain day with nothing to do go back and read some of his posts...

then you will understand...

:D

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

if the Reason samplers had a purge function that would help allot too.

say you load the Reason Bass, create your bassline, then the purge function would unload all the samples that is not being used by the bassliine...
Yeah its crazy to think about them not adding this little feature that will help those who load big patches ,idk whats up with them and why they choose not to add these features that will help your workflow.

because there is no relationship between a HD and cpu performance unless samples/audio is stream from disk. the HD can be a problem when loading samples/refills/etc but Reason itself and the samples/refills runs in memory...

this what you wrote:

Mackie Control Universal is discontiued...

not sure where i was wrong...

i may be wrong but there is a difference between Mackie Control Universal and Mackic Control Universal Pro. one is discontinued and the other you could get a sweetwater...

for trying to say someone is wrong or not reread your post first and you will see where the problems are...

instead of trying to prove someone wrong "try" getting and understanding the facts first and then prove them wrong...

with you, you lie so much it is crazy...

Funk I am not going to go back and forth with you dude but I want to point out some things. I just came back from signing a publishing deal, I guess I am lying about that too huh?

Let's size it up, you say I lie like crazy, where on earth do you get this from oh bitter one? You're the only dude on here that acts this pathetic.

When I put up the fact that my boy has the MCU you put up an FYI that it was discontinued. Now for the fact it is discontinued that's a given. But I was strictly talking to Focus, everyone knows I talk around you and never answer any of your post EVEN WHEN YOU'RE WRONG! How the hell you're going to be a Record/Reason owner and not know you can take buttons and scroll through your sounds? Are you kidding me? When you said that I just laughed and didn't say nothing! YOU DON'T HAVE RECORD/REASON! Now being you said the MCU was discontinued you should of known that you can still get a MCU off ebay there are a s**t load of them on there, so if I said my boy just got one, he could of still gotten one! When I was talking to Focused I didn't emphasize the word PRO, he understood that my boy could have a controller, he didn't say nothing, it was YOU that did. So I said PRO! and I can prove he has one, so the moral is IF YOU WOULD OF KNOWN THEY HAVE MCU AND MCU PRO ON EBAY AND FOR THE PRO IN STORES! That convo between Focused and I was about having the controller not if it was discontinued, and yes you TRIED to catch me in a lie but you couldn't because I can prove he has the MCU. So even though MCU is discontinued YOU CAN STILL BUY ONE till this day and if I really meant that my boy could of gotten it from ebay! BUT HE GOT THE MCU PRO! You try to be to got dam techincal when you're not so actually YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=UNIVERSAL&_kw=MACKIE

No you didn't ASK a question as you claim you do if you see something wrong you said FYI, that's not asking a question, so again you are trying to be funny and rude! Let me show you. Then you said TWICE "how can cleaning the HD of Audio work"? I mean twice did you have to say it? Come on dawg stop your bullish!

2z49yfn.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now is it me or am I bugging, where in the computer world is there a 16 core? You have said this before and someone corrected you, and you're still saying this? PC? Mac? what computer you know on this planet has 16 cores Funk? Please show me and I will say ok, cool. Definitely Mac doesn't have one.

3GB of ram Reason will use? Well I talk to James Benard almost every other day, and I remember him saying Reason/Record uses 4GB of ram not 3. Protools only use 4GB ram for it's Le users. And you wanna talk about someone lying? What do I have to lie about? No one has a problem as deep and pathetic with me as you do. I have videos up showing I can get down, oh I guess that's a lie too?

I already expressed my facts towards you, I asked you did you wanna battle since you know how to play and read music, I don't read music AND I WILL BUST YOUR AZZ IN A BATTLE, we can go to any genre, Pop, HipHop, RnB, or Euro/Urban/Dance Music, and you declined! Anything I say I can prove, YOU CAN'T YOU'RE ALL TALK AND NO ACTION AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE THAT!

Bottom line is I stayed away from your post even if you were wrong because you take the post out of hand and you get ridiculous to the original subject, so do that with mines if you see I am wrong, don't say nothing let another person correct me. The fact is YOU AND I CAN'T GET ALONG SO BEFORE I DESTROY ANOTHER PERSON'S POST I WILL KEEP MY MOUTH CLOSE AND LET YOU TALK ON. DO THE SAME AND MOVE THE F**K ON. WHY CARE ABOUT ME ANYWAY, BEING YOU CALL ME A LIAR!
Yeah you're sitting passing the time away at a 9 to 5 and you're not doing music. Because when I am in the studio doing music I can't be on the computer at the same time. You claimed you do music as your job, so how in the hell do you have the get up to be here chatting away?

Dude do you and Ima do me just don't answer my post that's all! :cheers:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Yeah I knew Reason 4 wasn't 64 bit and and it also didn't take full advantage of multi cores way before I tried the benchmark file ,I was just seeing how much my comp can or Reason can handle before its limited by the programming ,your right about that studio bundle being intensive ,not only cpu intensive but ram intensive ,one 24-bit drum patch was like 500mb, this is why it makes me mad that they haven't gone 64 bit or at least disk streaming because ,why have huge patches when your gonna hit the limit in Reason after loading 4 patches alike in size????it baffles me.lol

Yeah defragging has no effect on my cpu ,my buffer is on 352 ,could go lower if I use my built in sound card(Wavert in Windows 7).

True that Dabeatdoctor, Defragging is for a long length of time where you have deleted a lot of files and some of those files leave behind digital fragments so that's when you use defrag.

The point though that you have open 330 joints and Reason only rockin one core might do something. I was just giving options on the buffer thingy.
So do you plan on getting a multi core computer and maybe Record? A quad and up will do you swell and 330 joints wouldn't hurt your computer CPU at all. That's why I went Mac 8 core with 16 GB of ram 2.26 Ghz. The performance of Record is astounding that is why I love mixing with it's mixer. I hope all goes well for you do whatever you decide.

Last edited:
Funk I am not going to go back and forth with you dude but I want to point out some things. I just came back from signing a publishing deal, I guess I am lying about that too huh?

Let's size it up, you say I lie like crazy, where on earth do you get this from oh bitter one? You're the only dude on here that acts this pathetic.

When I put up the fact that my boy has the MCU you put up an FYI that it was discontinued. Now for the fact it is discontinued that's a given. But I was strictly talking to Focus, everyone knows I talk around you and never answer any of your post EVEN WHEN YOU'RE WRONG! How the hell you're going to be a Record/Reason owner and not know you can take buttons and scroll through your sounds? Are you kidding me? When you said that I just laughed and didn't say nothing! YOU DON'T HAVE RECORD/REASON! Now being you said the MCU was discontinued you should of known that you can still get a MCU off ebay there are a s**t load of them on there, so if I said my boy just got one, he could of still gotten one! When I was talking to Focused I didn't emphasize the word PRO, he understood that my boy could have a controller, he didn't say nothing, it was YOU that did. So I said PRO! and I can prove he has one, so the moral is IF YOU WOULD OF KNOWN THEY HAVE MCU AND MCU PRO ON EBAY AND FOR THE PRO IN STORES! That convo between Focused and I was about having the controller not if it was discontinued, and yes you TRIED to catch me in a lie but you couldn't because I can prove he has the MCU. So even though MCU is discontinued YOU CAN STILL BUY ONE till this day and if I really meant that my boy could of gotten it from ebay! BUT HE GOT THE MCU PRO! You try to be to got dam techincal when you're not so actually YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=UNIVERSAL&_kw=MACKIE

No you didn't ASK a question as you claim you do if you see something wrong you said FYI, that's not asking a question, so again you are trying to be funny and rude! Let me show you. Then you said TWICE "how can cleaning the HD of Audio work"? I mean twice did you have to say it? Come on dawg stop your bullish!

2z49yfn.jpg

Now is it me or am I bugging, where in the computer world is there a 16 core? You have said this before and someone corrected you, and you're still saying this? PC? Mac? what computer you know on this planet has 16 cores Funk? Please show me and I will say ok, cool. Definitely Mac doesn't have one.

3GB of ram Reason will use? Well I talk to James Benard almost every other day, and I remember him saying Reason/Record uses 4GB of ram not 3. Protools only use 4GB ram for it's Le users. And you wanna talk about someone lying? What do I have to lie about? No one has a problem as deep and pathetic with me as you do. I have videos up showing I can get down, oh I guess that's a lie too?

I already expressed my facts towards you, I asked you did you wanna battle since you know how to play and read music, I don't read music AND I WILL BUST YOUR AZZ IN A BATTLE, we can go to any genre, Pop, HipHop, RnB, or Euro/Urban/Dance Music, and you declined! Anything I say I can prove, YOU CAN'T YOU'RE ALL TALK AND NO ACTION AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE THAT!

Bottom line is I stayed away from your post even if you were wrong because you take the post out of hand and you get ridiculous to the original subject, so do that with mines if you see I am wrong, don't say nothing let another person correct me. The fact is YOU AND I CAN'T GET ALONG SO BEFORE I DESTROY ANOTHER PERSON'S POST I WILL KEEP MY MOUTH CLOSE AND LET YOU TALK ON. DO THE SAME AND MOVE THE F**K ON. WHY CARE ABOUT ME ANYWAY, BEING YOU CALL ME A LIAR!
Yeah you're sitting passing the time away at a 9 to 5 and you're not doing music. Because when I am in the studio doing music I can't be on the computer at the same time. You claimed you do music as your job, so how in the hell do you have the get up to be here chatting away?

Dude do you and Ima do me just don't answer my post that's all! :cheers:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

True that Dabeatdoctor, Defragging is for a long length of time where you have deleted a lot of files and some of those files leave behind digital fragments so that's when you use defrag.

The point though that you have open 330 joints and Reason only rockin one core might do something. I was just giving options on the buffer thingy.
So do you plan on getting a multi core computer and maybe Record? A quad and up will do you swell and 330 joints wouldn't hurt your computer CPU at all. That's why I went Mac 8 core with 16 GB of ram 2.26 Ghz. The performance of Record is astounding that is why I love mixing with it's mixer. I hope all goes well for you do whatever you decide.

Word ,the computer I'm on is multicore(4 cores, 8 threads)idk about Record tho ,in some respects its nice but on the flip side I can use a Daw instead with limitless options on effects that is less cluttered than record ,plus I hate dongles...

Word ,the computer I'm on is multicore(4 cores, 8 threads)idk about Record tho ,in some respects its nice but on the flip side I can use a Daw instead with limitless options on effects that is less cluttered than record ,plus I hate dongles...

Oh so you have multicores ok cool, so I know you're going to take advantage of Reason 5 because it will run on Multicores giving you better performance. Awhhhh brother you hate dongles? LOL Yo I did too but then I had to get over it because I wanna support the company so they can keep making great products, plus it's not that bad. What DAW are you using?

For me I don't even have to open up PT again when dealing with Record, I can make the music, mix, arrange, etc, take it to the mastering plant without opening PT at all, that's what I wanted to work in one environment and Record has given me that. I use to use the bounce technic to go into PT but I don't anymore. I have for effects I use in Record and that's enough. So in a minute you're going to be straight.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

ok thats fine i still prefer reason over kontakt anyday of the week but that's just me.

Mr Gibbs, what is the lastest on the beta testing, did you find anything new that's a hot feature? You already killed my MPC lol

Oh so you have multicores ok cool, so I know you're going to take advantage of Reason 5 because it will run on Multicores giving you better performance. Awhhhh brother you hate dongles? LOL Yo I did too but then I had to get over it because I wanna support the company so they can keep making great products, plus it's not that bad. What DAW are you using?

For me I don't even have to open up PT again when dealing with Record, I can make the music, mix, arrange, etc, take it to the mastering plant without opening PT at all, that's what I wanted to work in one environment and Record has given me that. I use to use the bounce technic to go into PT but I don't anymore. I have for effects I use in Record and that's enough. So in a minute you're going to be straight.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Mr Gibbs, what is the lastest on the beta testing, did you find anything new that's a hot feature? You already killed my MPC lol

live sampling might be the best feature its just adds a lot of creativity on the spot.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

You can't be serious. You either have no understanding of what the purge feature does or your being deliberately dense solely for the purpose of defending reason. Either way your spreading disinformation. Yes purging simply deletes unused waves but suppose your using a piano patch with 264-704 separate wavs. Will you seriously go through all the effort to find out which sample aren't being used for a particular sequence just to delete them manually.

ive done it plenty of times before why what the point.

why do people hate dongles so much its not that serious i just bought another 13 port usb hub for 25 cash.like are you cats broke or something i mean like come on and on top of the with record you dont even need the dongle it comes with it has internet verification just sign on and keep it moving but like most cats that say they own reason i never see them registered on the site.

Last edited:
^^^^lol @ the sneak dissin.....dude just cuz you like to get "bent over" doesn't mean anyone else gotta do it ,your trying to imply that maybe I'm broke because I don't like dongles ,I just don't like dongles ,they don't have no good purpose other than to protect THAT company ,if I buy a license then that should be it ,I shouldn't have have extra crap just to use some software........got a problem with it??????everybody don't think like you ,so stop trying to force your unproductive opinion on people......smh

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

but anyway they(props) need to add a feature to help free up some ram ,because Im getting the "out of memory" message at 1.7gb of used patches....smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back