Problems loading proteus x composer bank

gunther

WHAT UP? I JUST DOWNLOADED THE PROTEUS VX FROM THE EMU SITE. I INSTALLED IT AND IT COMES UP IN FRUITYLOOPS BUT WITH NO PRESETS....AND WHEN I TRY TO LOAD THE X COMPOSER BANK.esb FILE IT TELLS ME THAT IT IS NOT A VALIS EOS OR EMULATOR X BANK!
IVE LOOKED AT A TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE AND IT WORKED FINE FOR THEM....ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS?

Maybe you should go to Library, its down on the left-side of the Proteus.
I think it would search in your computer for presets.

Im having problems with the Proteus Presets as well.
I got all the presets in the Library list.
But i cant "Filter By Category".
I cant choose between Bass-Presets or Strings-Presets etc.
I can only go through ALL the presets and have to listen to them to hear if it are Basses or not.

Can somebody help me on this?

Last edited:
Yea i tried that. I was just wondering how to load it the regular way in the sampler so i can...like u said...audition the sounds.

i have it... and i cant remember where i went, It scanned my WHOLE computer and i have Mo Phatt X, Planet Earth, and the X Composer. The first 2 wont load all the way but the X composer will... I'll try to figure it out now and post again, hold up.

Yea i tried that. I was just wondering how to load it the regular way in the sampler so i can...like u said...audition the sounds.

Well, i basically have the same problem as you i guess.
Cause i cant load it the regular way neither.

Im also not able to select the Categories like: Bass, Pads, Drums.
I can not select the category i want.
Say if i want a Bass-Sound, i have to go through all the presets and listen to it, to hear if its a Bass.

I just dl it to see what the fuss was and it installed fine and after opening it going to the library tab and under file searching library it pulled up just fine. I clicked on the folder went to load and it came right in. The search is working fine as well by catorgory and all. I even used a sample converter to make some of my own banks from battery kits and after they converted they were found and installed fine as well. Windows xp sp2 here.

One thing I noticed is check your folder where your sounds are and make sure each bank has the .ebl (bank name) and a sounds folder with the presets in it. If you dont have the presets it will load the .ebl bank but will say sounds have not been loaded because the sounds folder with the presets are either missing or in another location. I found this out the hard way after I build a new "rom" with about 30 drumkits saved them and them inside the vx merged them all into 1 bank but did not transfer the sounds (presets) as well then deleted the old folder so the drumkits loaded but there was no sounds in them. This is a pretty good vsti for free and the fact you can build your own roms for use in it ad use the effects,filters and modulation are nice. I have a added bonus as I am controlling the vx with a e-mu mp-7 so all my knobs and buttons are premapped with the midi. Also for the search function sometimes when you load the banks they were not tagged by whoever made them but this is a easy fix as load you bank then right click each sound and assign it one. The deeper I dig into this the more I like it, yes it is a little cpu hungry but I dont use much besides ableton live, stylus rmx and this now. If you have questions on other things about this I have read the manual 3 times and played with it for hours and have alot of knowledge programming the sounds as it is the exact setup as the mp-7.

is it cause of windows 64 bit my proteus not fully working?
That is what i believe, Im also Vista 64-bit. After readin on the website, It pretty much says (to sum it all up) This thing is meant to run on Windows XP, but may have some problems in Vista. Do it at your own risk.

Im just upset i have these other 2 banks that wont load. Mo Phatt and Planet Earth. The sample pool files are .ebl like they are supposed to be, yet when i select bank and try to load it i get

"One or more sample link files could not be found"

But yet, the files are in the folder with the right extensions.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
How big are the folders, I have a mp-7 with the mo phatt and planet earth in it already so have no need for the sounds but I would be willing to see if I can fix them in my sample converter which has tools for fixing stuff like this. Yahoo is solacerodgers@yahoo.com if you want to hit me up.

I also have vista and everyone who i have seen it work properly has xp. Im about to try and put it on my other computer and see if it works right.

I also have vista and everyone who i have seen it work properly has xp. Im about to try and put it on my other computer and see if it works right.

Great, Let me know if you can get it working with XP.
If so, im considering to switch to XP.

Right now im working with djmaeto on solveing the problems with the files not found and some of the other issuses. In the process I have found alot of info and will be posting a short manual for those who want to use this but I cant help with the x64 problem as I dont run it. Big thanks to djmateo on the help and keep posted.

^^my dude... cheers.

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i need someone with a server who can host the new library. I have fixed all the broken links, retagged them for easy search, fixed all modulation, added a general midi bank and for use with gm devices and some other much needed fixes for the library but it is now much larger. You will just have to download it and copy and replace your old library then research it in the vx for this to work now. Also need someone to check it on a x64 system. First i need a way to host this anyone got a server?

Last edited:
I need to get a new version of xp because its says i need to adjust my screen resolution in order to run the proteus vx...but when i tried to do that i couldnt adjust it. When my computer crashed i had lost my version of xp and used a friends and i cant update it cuz it doesnt recognize my ethernet card to get on the net!

you shouldnt have to update windows to change your screens resolution just right click on the screen go to properties and settings from there you can adjust your screen resolution.

***UPDATE on the fixing of the .ebl soundbank files not working in the vx is still underway as the vx will not see the samples in the soundpool as a huge .ebl file as the x2 or x3 does so imworking on breaking these down fixing file refrences and getting the individual sounds into the pool as the proteus x bank has them that comes with the download. I have also updated the proteus sound bank with my friends proteus rack moduleto include about 100 of the missing presets as well as started on a project to sample my mp-7 with protean drums and the xtreame (xl-7) bank and presets.

Me and Mateo are setting up a server for you to access these fixes and other original banks but we need to let you know this is going to be a pay to subscribe service something like 20 bucks for a lifetime subscription as we need to pay for the server and also get 2 copies of chicken systems translator special emulator editions to finish the banks and really make this into a really great free vsti.

Other fixes that will come will be lower cpu usage, fixes for x64 users, tutorials on using the patch chords and how to program the modulation section as well as custom loadable setting for many controller types to use with the vx so you dont have to set them up each time you load a patch.

***Also as of right now we can do custom bank/presets for you using your fav sounds or custom samples. You can have 127 presets in a bank per the vx midi standards. Each one of your personal kits you want translated and optimized to use in the vx ( optimized to use the correct modulation knobs ) is only 5 bucks. The VX works best with samples mapped from C#1 to C8 which gives you a ton of samples to map plus you can stack up to 4 layers or use X zones to have multiple sounds per patch. Ask questions about this if you have any or drop me a pm if you have kits you would like customized to the VX.

Last edited:
Back