Problem with NNXT Reason

CMeta

C-Meta
So Im using the NNXT to play chopped samples on reason, but for some odd reason* the release keeps going all the way down automatically by itself while I'm recording??? I set the release all the way up so the sample can play all the way through without me having to hold the pads and keys down.... But I just don't know why the release knob keeps randomly going all the way down by itself??? It wont let me play the sample all the way through.... Any ideas of whats wrong? Let me know if you need me to explain it better, but I really don't know how else to say it. The release just goes to -64 by itself RANDOMLY.

Is something mapped wrong on my MPD??

no, I know what automation is, and the funny thing is that there is no green box at all... ??? It just does it by itself

So Im using the NNXT to play chopped samples on reason, but for some odd reason* the release keeps going all the way down automatically by itself while I'm recording??? I set the release all the way up so the sample can play all the way through without me having to hold the pads and keys down.... But I just don't know why the release knob keeps randomly going all the way down by itself??? It wont let me play the sample all the way through.... Any ideas of whats wrong? Let me know if you need me to explain it better, but I really don't know how else to say it. The release just goes to -64 by itself RANDOMLY.

Is something mapped wrong on my MPD??

it sounds like you mpd is sending a control change message along with the pads

it sounds like you mpd is sending a control change message along with the pads

That's what i thought... How would I fix that?

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

you sure no one who lived in your house b4 you made beats on reason???????? OOOOooooooOOOooohhh

haha that's funny, because I just recently moved to a new house and it started doing it... The ghost that hates hip hop and electronic music

Right click on the knob and check remote override mapping to make sure it is not responding to the note your pad is transmitting.

If clear remote override mapping shows up you probably need to hit it.

Last edited:
Right click on the knob and check remote override mapping to make sure it is not responding to the note your pad is transmitting.

If clear remote override mapping shows up you probably need to hit it.

Alright thanks! I think that worked
appreciate the help everyone!

---------- Post added 11-03-2010 at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-01-2010 at 11:37 PM ----------

actually, I think there is something wrong with my MPD now that I think about it.... I went to mapping override to see what feedback that Reason was getting from my controller... Everytime I hit a pad in the 3rd column (Pads 3, 7, 11, 15) Reason says its picking up "fader 5"??? So i think its time i get an mpd32... or something better? Either way, thanks for all the helps guys!

Back