Problem with cubase 5

T

trixer

Hi all.
I am trying to set up everytinh for cubase 5, but nothing seems to work - i even don't get out of it any sound.
I also have problems with my mpd and oter midi controller, they don't work with cubase - for exaple my mmc control on mpd don't work.
I don't understand what could be problem - when i press a key on my midi controler midi in activity pops up -so it's connected.
The same was with my mpd, but i was checking some options and now don't know why my mpd even don't show midi in activity.
I also use another sofware and with it i don't have any problems - i have sound, and my midi controllers are working fine, this problem i only have with cubase.

Anyone know how to fix this?

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Figured out how to get sound, but still don't know why mmc control on my mpd don't work.

You need to allocate your midi controllers in Cubase. See page 315/316/317 in the operation manual.

For every track that you wish to record midi data for (midi track or instrument track) you need to ensure that you have a midi controller allocated for that track in the track inspector.

For MMC to work you need to see page 436/7 in the operation manual. You want Cubase as a slave.

You need to allocate your midi controllers in Cubase. See page 315/316/317 in the operation manual.

For every track that you wish to record midi data for (midi track or instrument track) you need to ensure that you have a midi controller allocated for that track in the track inspector.

For MMC to work you need to see page 436/7 in the operation manual. You want Cubase as a slave.

Thanks, will check.

@Trixer,

3 things:

1. Make sure that everything is routed to a sound driver or your audio interface. I'm not at my desktop now but I think it goes--Devices--VST Connections (you should see tabs for inputs & outputs)--Select driver/device for both.

2. If you're seeing the meters light up on the selected track, make sure the correct device is shown on the left column of the active VST. For example if you're output is Prologue--make sure you're input is either "All Midi Inputs," "MPD" or however your midi controller is labeled.

3. Make sure you have the updated drivers for all of your controllers. Hope this helps. If not let me know and I'll pm you a more detailed walk through when I get home.

Thanks for info. Sound problem was i my asio driver settings inside Cubase. Later will try to find info in manual about that mmc control.
If anyone have some tips on how to chop sample/ time stretch/ pitch it, let me know.
So far i am slicing beat like in this video.

I find setting the hit-points manually a time consuming option.
The automatic detection is often too sensitive for non-percussive audio as well
I created the "MPC" preset as this video suggests, but instead of setting hit points, I use the "Split at cursor" function.
This way I can hold ALT then Hit "X" while my sample is playing in the main project window.
This method allows me to chop the sample precisely on the downbeat.
Then I drag the newly created regions into Groove agent One and trigger away :)

....and that's my Cubase sampling tip for 2010..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back