Pro Tools M Powered Questions...

JerkTheTerrible

So what I want to know is there anything I can do in
Pro Tools 7 M Powered that I can not do with Sonar Home Studio 4 XL ??

I also wanted to know if Sonar 6 Producer Edition is better than
Pro Tools M Powered???

yes I know it's a noobish question but I really need a answer ...

Why do you want Pro Tools anyway.
If you have to ask about it then their is a good chance you don't need it.

I have it... and Sonar 6 Producer Edition but I make my beats is FL 7 and I wanted to get into doing everything in SOnar or Pro Tools I just wanted to know what others think cuz IMO I think Sonar ****s on Pro Tools so if anyone has some knowledge to drop go for it...

If you all ready have it and don't know what you can do in it
then it sounds like you download a wares version.
Can't help ya

I don't know why people on here can't just answer folks questions when they need answers. They wan to become the police and crap when they ain't makin a dime for digi design of anybody else for that matter. Yeah, software piracy is wrong, but it has nothing to do with answering the question.

I don't know much about Sonar, I had it back with sonar 4 and didn't really like it and switched to cubase later until I ran into folks in the industry who used pro tools to record in, and in order for me to really be fully compatible acrouss the board with others, I BOUGHT Pro Tools M-Powered last year. The best thing that I can say about Pro Tools is that it's the "industry" standard and probably one of the first DAW that people used to record in years ago. I'm sure Sonar & Cubase can probably do more and have more options than Pro Tools because digi design makes you buy either their proprietary hardware or m-audios hardware ( which I think they also own now). M-Powered only has 32 audio tracks where I believe there way more in cubase and sonar. I'm sure there are many more differences in the programs and the best that I can tell you is to do your own research, go to their sites and check the specs, crap like that you can never go wrong with.

Hi just found your post
Pretty much have the same setup though i'm using sonar 8.5 producer and Protools mpowered 8 I find myself writing more with sonar because of the Vst support however there are a few instruments in protools I like but I been thinking about removing and just staying with sonar

Back