Pro Tools and Live(nont rewire or argue post)

R

Random_Poster

Ok so i use reason and its always worked well for me but i sample and have started to feel the nessesity to mix my songs. SO i was going to get pro tools and rewire into that because i found alotta info on mixing in there on the net. But i relazed that everytime a reason question came out someone would say to get ableton live because its supposed to fill in any gaps reason has and everyone says they go perfectly together. Only thing is i have no idea if u can mix in ableton(btw when i say mix i mean as in the mix in mix and master not like dj.) CAn anyone give me sudgestions on what i should do?

With Ableton, you can mix like a dj, or you can mix "as in the mix in Mix & Master" too.

I wish I was gettin' paid by Ableton, but I just use it.

I started out with Sonar, then moved on to P5 which I don't use at all now. I also own Pro Tools, but to be honest, all I use is Live. It does everything I need.

So obviously u would sudgest that u just save and buy live instead of pro tools right?

I mean if it mixes and itll fill in any blanks left by reason then it should be a no brainer.

Live is great alone. Partnered with Reason, its even greater. I used both Live and Pro Tools, but for all my music production I use Live; when I want to record vocals, or I'm doing work for someone else (using Pro Tools), I use Pro Tools. All three together is good to: Rewire Reason into Live, arrange and mix the music then rewire Live into Pro Tools for recording your vocals (I'll explain how I use that combo if you're interested).

Thanks kb420 u helped we wit my decicion tremendouly and kavie imma have to toake u up on that offer later down the reod.

Thanks kb420 u helped we wit my decicion tremendouly and kavie imma have to toake u up on that offer later down the reod.

Yeah. Just send me a PM. But be sure to try the Live demo before you make any purchases, especially Pro Tools. I remember at one point there was a Pro Tools M-Powered demo, but you'd have to have a supported M-Audio device to launch it.

Live & Pro Tools are my two top DAWs. I've used everything except Logic and Digital Performer (I'm a PC), and these two I feel the most comfortable with.

The only thing im worried about is how my mpd32 will work wit Live cuz theres a prestet for live lite 7. After i try the demo if i like it imma just save up for the suite so idk if the live lite 7 preset would work for live suite 8.

The only thing im worried about is how my mpd32 will work wit Live cuz theres a prestet for live lite 7. After i try the demo if i like it imma just save up for the suite so idk if the live lite 7 preset would work for live suite 8.

It does work. I have a MPD 32 and Live 8 Suite. The Live LIte 7 preset works just fine. You can actually rename the preset to Live 8 if you want.

Once you do get Live 8, make sure you download the latest version which is 8.0.4. There was a problem with the transports in 8.0.2.

Last edited:
Oh crap i just noticed that suite 8 comes in 2 versions boxed and download. It seems the only diference is that the boxed version comes wit printed manual and Session Drums/Essential Instrument Collection 2 extras but its like 42 gb more and 200 bucks more. U know anything bout this? Should i fork up 200 more bucks for the boxed verion?

Back