Pro Tools to come out with free version

Yumid

even though this free version it looks like it was pulled out of a cereal box, doesn't stop people from using Ableton. :p

Avid To Announce Free Copy Of Pro Tools - Avid Pro Tools | First - NAMM 2015 - Pro Tools Expert - The Pro Tools Community

Anyway, its obviously a stripped down version but it looks decent considering (I'm assuming) it would be free forever? I like this, might convince some people to actually stop listening to these outdated rumours about Pro Tools being no good for production and give it a shot.

posting this to see if anyone wanted to give it a shot when it comes out.

I use Pro Tools, I love Pro Tools, but there's enough fully functional free stuff out there, I would never use a stripped down version of something unless it was for one very specific purpose.

First off I just realized this is in the hardware section, whoops

I use Pro Tools, I love Pro Tools, but there's enough fully functional free stuff out there, I would never use a stripped down version of something unless it was for one very specific purpose.

I think its just avids attempt at reaching the bedroom producer demographic. No one (bedroom producer portion of the market share) in the edm generation/demographic use pro tools because its harder to steal and there is no demo to try it for free(i think?). And lets face it, thats the reason FL studio got so popular so quick, its easy to get and was marketed towards beginners. If there was a free version of PT out there for people to start out with maybe it would open the gates for the more bedroom in the box producer to use pro tools.

But the way AVID operates they probably took everything appealing out of it anyway, thinking it will entice people to buy the full version. When really its just gonna drive them to something else.

Its crazy how there are NO videos on youtube(or even paid sites) of dance music done in pro tools.

Last edited:
Lame, I just paid $300 to update to run PT in OSX Mavericks/Yosemite. I was fine just using 8 LE until they chose not to update my hardware drivers and forced me to upgrade when all I need is the functions of this program...oh, wait, if you can't use audiosuite plugs, nvmd. But I woulda settled for this before paying $300.

Last edited:
Back