Pro tools 8 question

T

TBONENSB

i have a gateway with 32bit vista and an mbox2 mini.i installed pro tools 8 and ive been trying to open up the program but i keep getting this message "DAE error-13001 encountered"
pt starts to load up then this message comes up and pro tools exits itself out.

saying you have a gateway means nothing. What are the specs.

Also this sounds like a Pro Tools specific problem. Have you tried googling the error code?

yeh man couldnt find anything.vista home premium 32 bit AMD TURION 64 X2 MOBILE TECNOLOGY TL-56 1.80 GHZ. 2GB RAM.C DRIVE USED SPACE 219 GB FREE SPACE 2.6 GB.

So now we've established you have a Laptop?

no1. this isn't related but you might want to free up some space or your laptop will start acting really slow soon.

no2. it might be worth reinstalling Pro Tools. I've done a quick search on google, and found a few Digidesign Forums saying do this.

no3. it could also be the Audio Drivers. Try reinstalling, or updating.

no4. The last solution I found was to reinstall windows. But that would be a last alternative.

no5. If none of these work, you could try contact Avid, or read the manual.

So now we've established you have a Laptop?

no1. this isn't related but you might want to free up some space or your laptop will start acting really slow soon.

no2. it might be worth reinstalling Pro Tools. I've done a quick search on google, and found a few Digidesign Forums saying do this.

no3. it could also be the Audio Drivers. Try reinstalling, or updating.

no4. The last solution I found was to reinstall windows. But that would be a last alternative.

no5. If none of these work, you could try contact Avid, or read the manual.

yeah man i updated my drivers.i reinstalled pro tools twice but ill try again.i contacted avid too they basically asked me a coupla questions but havent replied yet

It seems like it could be OS related then, I read on a few replies on other boards etc, google. That reinstalling the OS can help. I don't know if thats a situation that is accessible to you, if it is, you need to make sure you have correct drivers, applications on reinstall.

nevermind i just reinstalled it and it works fine now

Back