Presonus Studio One 2

I got it the day it came out.. i upgraded from S1 (only 99$ upgrade price :) )... Its a great program. i use it for mixing and recording. I dont make beats much, but i hear nothing but great things about it from beat makers... I use it on a i3 iMac, with an Apogee duet 2 interface and i have had no problems... it comes with Melodyne which is great for editing vocals (and instruments)... The best thing to me about Studio One is knowing that Presonus is REALLY focused on this DAW.. There was already a update 2 days after its release that fixed 2 small bugs (most companies would have waited for a month or so) and Presonus is great about releasing free updates that other DAWs would charge for as an "upgrade".. And also the Forum on the presonus website for Studio One has active memebers of the presonus crew, and not to mention some great people that are willing to help... Also, the intergration with Presonus interfaces with S1 is flawless .... Here is a link to the forum so if you wish to gain some more information you can -----> PreSonus Forum

-Ave

i was already impressed with studio one, when i get the cash im upgrading to v2. You cant go wrong with s1, try the demo first to see if its for you

Got it 2nd day waited for the servers to clear up some. Loving it and loving how it integrates with Melodyne and with the added midi features it mite be the only daw I use

It's not that popular for some reason...

Chevy Dodge Chrysler

Protools Logic Cubase

S1 isnt one of the "BIG 3" however that does not at all discount its viablity as a topshelf DAW.

I think they will get recognition soon enough. Reaper has gained steam, just like Ableton Live.
And on the opposite Sonar has lost some steam as well as Pro Tools.

People try to get gear and programs that are as compatible to their favorite producers or that which their friends and local studios use. Has little to do with comparing best vs worse since we know that they all can do the same thing with exception to work flow. Especialy when you add in plug ins.

Reaper kicks ass, and is cheap, but you dont have the online forum support and wont find it in major studios so that leaves you out in the dark on tutorials, apps and plugs, compatibility and other important things. If your smart, Read the manual, and have patience such a program could be a game changer for you.

Last edited:
I really really like the sound of Studio One. I know it shouldn't matter but I really feel like S1 has a very clean sound.

Presonus has done a great job with Studio One. I was sceptical when I first saw it release. After giving it a shot I really like the work flow. Plus it seems like the are doing everything they can to add features. Integrating Melody along with some of the other added features is nice.

If you have Studio One and haven't upgraded to v2, you're wasting precious time. The added features of this program have taken it almost completely over the top. I just upgraded and I'm already putting the new features to use, as though I been working with em the entire time.
The improvements to the inspector are awesome. There's so much u can do in one small part of the program. It makes everything very convenient. From adding effects, to "freezing" audio, to gain adjustments, transposing... u name it and its accessible in the inspector.
Of course the melodyne integration is flawless. u can literally drag audio into an instrument track and studio one will immediately create a midi track that makes the notes and cadence of the word. Thus.. u can play along to the melody quicker than ever before (ie. put a quick piano behind your lead singer, effortlessly). U don't have to guess what the notes are anymore.. it just does it. Dopeness.
The thing that gets me the most are the improvements to the editor. It allows you to pretty much make midi adjustments to any instrument in your arrangement, all at the same time. Literally. U don't have to switch back and forth between instrument tracks. Its all there with the click of a button.

Those are just my three favorite improvements, but there's a host more. There's still room for improvement of course... ie no ability to export video files, so its not a full scoring solution... and there's no pre-fader gain, which still kinda upsets me. But all things considered its the best environment for me to create, produce, record, mix, and master in by far.

And I know u shouldn't hear a difference but I gotta agree with MorningStar... the audio just feels incredibly clean. Its probably just my imagination though.

Last edited:
I don't think Studio One is for me, but it's nice to see that the product is developing. Someone has to keep the big boys honest.

Back