Preset Mapping with 3rd Party Plugins

Libertine Lush

Hi everyone,

I believe I've gone through the relevant sections in the Ableton Live manual and did some forum searches. Some things either aren't just working properly or (more likely) I'm misunderstanding how they should work. It all relates to loading Native Instruments (AU) patches.

1. To map 3rd party plugins (AU) to Push 2, namely Native Instruments' patches through Komplete Kontrol, is saving it as an Instrument Rack the best way? When I save it via "Save as a Default Configuration," the mappings are saved, but it loads an empty Komplete Kontrol. And when I save via "Save Preset," the mappings aren't saved.
2. If done through an Instrument Rack, should you leave the Macro slots blank? When you change presets in Komplete Kontrol the Macro values don't change to reflect the new values, so Macros seem to have diminished utility with 3rd party plugins.
3. Unlike how some other 3rd party plugins load, is the only way to browse Native Instrument plugin presets on Push 2 to save each one as a separate Instrument Rack?

Thank you.

It's been quite some time since you posted this and I just have to ask. Have you been in contact with costumer support at both Ableton and Native Instruments? I realise it's not the kind of answer you wanted and if it doesn't work I can try and figure this out with you but I'd highly recommend it as they are quite familiar with their software and hardware.

Cheers

I haven't directly contacted Ableton or NI directly, but I have since received some assistance from people more experienced than myself and they said what I wish to do is not possible.

Thank you for taking the time to respond even after all this time.

Back