Plz help with drums software

smuzic

Hi all! Need your help with the following: I'm looking for a drum sequencer freeware that has a preview facility so that I can preview each drum sound before sequencing. I have so many drum freeware, but none of them has preview feature. So I always find it hard to figure out how each drum instrument sounds. For example: Low Cabasa, Maracas, High Tom, Agogo, etc. etc.. It has become a big problem for me, so I need a freeware with drum sounds preview feature. Plz suggest if you know one such freeware..Plz don't suggest shareware, as I'm not in a position to purchase shareware right now, I have to go for freeware only. Thanks!

I can't believe how many programmers forgot about this. There are a lot of good sampleres that doesn't have preview it's ****ed up.

I think the best one is izotope idrum. Not free but real good, plus it has a good swing algorithm.

Have you tried shortcircuit2 (freeware)?

Yeah it's really strange how preview feature is overlooked. I at last found a small freeware nearest to my expectations here:
sourceforge.net/projects/bumcyk/

battery 3 has one though, but the little browser is a pain the ass, so i just make my kits in folders on my mac and then drag em in, the spacebar/preview feature is real nice, if u have a mac

The good thing about iDrum is it's only $50. But I know that this is feature commonly overlooked in free drums software. I have been contacting free plug-in developers about it though.

I find FL's browser useful for this, click a file, preview the sound and drag it into the FPC. You can use your up and down keyboard arrows to go through quickly to.

Last edited:
Back