a plugin that makes any kick an 808

tonedef

I heard in an interview with polow that there is a plugin that makes any kick an 808. anyone heard of it??

huggie said:
That sounds a bit far fetched... I know a plug-in that can make anyone sound like Cher :D

hahahahhaguha. but to stay on topic i havent heard of it and dont know why anybody would need it. did you google it?

there are plug-ins that will replace a drum track with samples. That might be it. You can also sidechain a kick to a low sine wave and blend the two together. there's no reason why they couldn't make a plug-in to do that in one shot. I wouldn't call it an 808, but it can add bottom end and decay to any kick.

What Darko said - probably a plugin that'll make any kick something a bit like an 808, even more so if you've never played with an actual 808... :)

There is a plug-in made by d16 Group called Nepheton and it is an 808 clone, has an internal sequencer in it (very similar to redrum) but you can also trigger it with MIDI data from your host sequencer. I just got it and at first I was a little sketchy but it f'ing rocks. probably the best 808 emulation out there. They also make a 909 emulation called Drumazon.

i have that plugin hes talkin about or i have one just like that cause i can do that with this vst..

An amplitude triggered high-Q bandpass filter sweeping from high to low frequency very quickly? :D That would turn almost anything to an 808 kick.

Last edited:
[sarcasm]Why use an 808 kick when you can spend time tweaking a plugin to get something worse? [/sarcasm]

It's not always about plugins people. With the countless amounts of samples out there it's useless to have a plugin that makes a kick into an 808 kick when there's far better samples on the internet.

Back