Please Vote: Pro Tools LE 7.4 / Cubase 4.1 / Logic Studio 8.0.1 / Reason 4 / Other

Please choose your preferred DAW(s) amongst the 3 latest:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

solutionsagent

Please choose your preferred DAW(s) amongst the latest:

1.) Digidesign's Pro Tools (LE 7.4)
2.) Steinberg's Cubase (4.1)
3.) Apple's Logic Studio (8.0.1)
4.) Other: Reason
5.) Other: Live
6.) Other: Please state

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reason 4 is not really considered a DAW, I use reason for making the beat. I use Sonar 7 for recording/vsts and I'm really liking it, I can achieve what I want to do pretty quickly and that's always a good thing.

solutionsagent said:
Hey just wondering what features make you say this. What do you like about Cubase 4 above Pro Tools (or Logic, Sonar, etc...)

I go with Cubase here too. It's too many reasons to really name though. You just gotta see it for yourself. It's probably hard though since Steinberg doesn't make a demo of Cubase anymore. Very strange. But in addition to all the unique features, I find that Steinberg always seemed to think the way I think. Things are where I expect them to be and work the way I expect even if I've never explored them before.

You left out Sonar 7 !!!!!

_SG_ said:
Reason 4 is not really considered a DAW, I use reason for making the beat. I use Sonar 7 for recording/vsts and I'm really liking it, I can achieve what I want to do pretty quickly and that's always a good thing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keep playin with those vst's in Sonar 7 and I bet you will not want to use Reason 4 anymore it's has no place when I can do everything in Sonar just keep ****ing around. I'm blown away with Sonar 7 and think everyone should give it at least one full session, Cakewalk is doing things they way they should be done....

Last edited:
Logic ****s on all, and it allows unlimited tracks also
the problem with Cubase 4 is that not all vst's will work with, mostly freeware vsts

I don't have any of these DAWs but I don't think it matters it's all on what you learn and need dude. I messed with Cubase and Pro tools but i stick with logic Pro. Hey I like garageband cause it's fun. I'll probably have to do an upgrade to Logic Studio soon though.

Sonar 4 and Reason combo for me. Sonar is cool for now I don't need a ton of features and it sounds good to my ears so i am satisfied with it

Logic Studio 8, Reason 4, and i have Pro-Tools 7.4 for specific jobs that i think it does really well. But in my opinion Logic8 is the only way to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back