is one DAW enough

ahmed labeeb

I use Fl studio as my main saw and have ableton as well but don't really produce with that only mashups but ..... Some people keep saying on many articles that pro tools is really necessary or any other saw but understanding and earinig knowledge about two DAW is already a big pressure .... Plus plugins .... so want should I do ableton is my recording material though its pretty good for that I find ...... Anyway I look forward for some advise .....

I have 6 in rotation each used for certain tasks including
- ease of sharing of projects (reaper)
- ease of notation input (cubase)
- ease of synth programming and sound design (reason)
- some collaborations (fl11)
- assessment work (protools and ableton)

I own & primarily use FL Studio. You are able to record, produce, edit, mix, master, work with video, sound design, and anything else you can think of. You can do the same in Pro Tools, Logic, Abelton, Studio One, and most other DAWs.

Do you need multiple DAWs? No. However, some DAWs are better and more efficient at certain tasks. For example, I find it more efficient to use FL studio to click in midi data than in Logic and in Pro Tools. On the other hand, I'd be able to edit a recording a lot faster in Logic. I wouldn't say PT is necessary, though it would be beneficial to know how to use it as it has been and still is widely used (This statement assumes that you may want to work/intern at a studio at some point).

Studio one[Arranging/composition/workflow/drag and drop/macros/ midi] I use it for those reasons.
Reason[Sound design including samples and synths]For this reason. Sometimes I use it by itself too.

You NEED one, not more but some people prefer using 2 or more.
I wonder if musescore counts, then that's 3 if I ever decide to use that thing as much as the other two.

However I'm not sure if the same can be said about vsts. kontakt etc now that would probably be necessary.

One DAW is definitely adequate.
Some people find they have better workflow in other DAWs, or they like the stock plugins. If you've got the cash to spare, it might be worth a punt though: workflow is a big deal when you spend a lot of time producing,

one daw is usually enough but other daws might do a certain thing easier so its good to have other options. depends on your workflow and if you need functions your current daw cant provide

Depends on the DAW like Cubase is a good all rounder whereas others like Reason or FL Studio are lacking in the odd feature here and there.

I use Fl studio as my main saw and have ableton as well but don't really produce with that only mashups but ..... Some people keep saying on many articles that pro tools is really necessary or any other saw but understanding and earinig knowledge about two DAW is already a big pressure .... Plus plugins .... so want should I do ableton is my recording material though its pretty good for that I find ...... Anyway I look forward for some advise .....

Actually I will stay with fl its enough for me

I have FL Studio also, but only the Fruity Edition, so I can't utilize WAV audio clips. This is a real drag, so I use Reaper as my main DAW. But that's OK because the main thing I like about FL Studio is the step editor for drums. I find it to be the best drum machine ever. Sometimes I put FL Studio into Reaper as a plugin, but other times I'll just render the FL Studio tracks to stems and import those into Reaper.

Sorry I made some mistakes in spellings due to spelling correctors

Back