Old school g-funk in reason 4?

SPIDERWEB127

I'm trying to make an old school g-funk beat (like nate dog n warren g stuff) in reason 4, but i cannot figure out how to create those wah guitar sounds !!! and i dont know how to play real guitar neither :cry:

HELP ME !!!

Do like warren g did and find a guitar palyer to work with or find some guitar loops. It would be better if you just found a guitar player to work with.

My only advice would beside what Focused suggested would be to remember to not try and quantize a guitar part. You will DEFINATELY lose that bounce.

There are instrument loops for Dr. Rex that duplicate that sound. On the left in the "load Patches" window select instrument loops, then in both hip hop loops and instrument loops they have wah wah guitar loops

hook up A FILTER TO a clean guitar patch and link the mod wheel to the filter amount or frequancy blamo their u go wha wha

I'm not sure how serious you are about this, but I can play a pretty mean funk guitar. I've had some other producers contact me for personal work on this forum before. PM me if you are interested.

G funk pretty much consisted of alot of rhodes pianos and different basses. Not necessarily live instrumentation, but non synthesized and synthesized parts were being used. Study some of the tracks and write down what you're hearing; then find those sounds in reason or create them. Not a single genre of music that can't be made with Reason alone by just using the factory soundbank. Try it.

preppypmp_82 said:
G funk pretty much consisted of alot of rhodes pianos and different basses. Not necessarily live instrumentation, but non synthesized and synthesized parts were being used. Study some of the tracks and write down what you're hearing; then find those sounds in reason or create them. Not a single genre of music that can't be made with Reason alone by just using the factory soundbank. Try it.

actually i downloaded a 40GB package of refills and i use more of those than the factory sound bank.

btw, i had my dad to play the guitar with the wah pedal for me so problem solved lol :victory:

Wow # you guys not realizing 80-90% of Warren G's G-Funk Era stuff was samples. Same as Dre's Chronic/Doggystyle era.

You want that sound you either need to get a band together or dig up some old funk records. Fatbat Band, Funkadellic, Gap Band, Issac Hayes, ect.

Tip: The less famous ones are the jewels, but I'm not gonna just give them away, lol.)

To be honest, it takes the love of G-funk and Westcoast Muzic, with a lil roger and zapp, parlianment, etc. to create g-funk music. The bounce has to be in you, before you can create it or it will not sound good. Down south and Eastcoast is a lil different, pretty much easy, because of the basic formula you work with in terms of simple melodies, simple kicks and drums.

Last edited:
To be honest, it takes the love of G-funk and Westcoast Muzic, with a lil roger and zapp, parlianment, etc. to create g-funk music. The bounce has to be in you, before you can create it or it will not sound good. Down south and Eastcoast is a lil different, pretty much easy, because of the basic formula you work with in terms of simple melodies, simple kicks and drums.

i have to cosign this statement.

Back