Ok, so i dont like Recycle. Give me an alternative.

^^^But in all fairness you guys don't think Props have a responsibility to update this decade old technology that is made to add looping and sampling to Reason?

I love Reason 5. God I do, but what's with defending things nomatter what? It's like when one of your boys does something you know is wrong, but when folk come around looking for him, you still gotta take his side. Difference is, this is a discussion about a product, not a person, lol.

Why would it not make sense to add simple updates to a program to keep it current. There's no other current loop editor or DAW on the market that can't load a song and chop it up, yet, you have no choice but to do workarounds in Recycle.

Record wasn't originally intended to have Autotune FX in it. Reason wasn't originally intended to sample and have a drum module with pads and synths in it. I'm just confused to why when things are added we can act like they're gifts from the gods, but can't in return voice frustration with areas that are lacking.

Not speaking for myself, I never expected Recycle to be anything else, but how can you guys not understand some are going to when it is the "Loop Editor for Propellerhead products".

Props isn't the only company that does stuff like this. Folk want a drum machine in Pro Tolls? They gave us 'Boom"...GTFOH, lol. They still limit the amount of audio tracks you can use(i never hit the limit, but understand that can be frustrating depending on how you work).

FL Studio still used lamens terms for alot of technical stuff that makes it confusing. I'stead of "1/16" you get "1/4 Bar" which is fair when it comes to loops, and it resets itself, but whatever. As of the last time I used it, you can do certain things by accident like timestretch your entire song, and you have no way of undoing it(may have been adressed I haven't used FL in a while). It still has that stupid stereo panning law turned on at start that thins out your dynamics and unorthodox FX and routing chains.

Cakewalk Sonar gives you the biggest workarounds to load up an instrument and midi track to create music. You can make a template, but it's lame when so many other programs are 'plug and go".

These are problems I've ran into that may not effect everyone. But We should all be able to agree that it's okay to want the common features available in anything else in your weapon of choice. When it's not there, why don't you have the right to voice frustration while still loving your weapon of choice?

Last edited:
i'm not saying recycle doens't lack things and yes i would like a recycle update but i do understand that its a loop slicer mainly used for audio loops, we as producers/beatmakers use recycle for other things more than loops.

^^^But in all fairness you guys don't think Props have a responsibility to update this decade old technology that is made to add looping and sampling to Reason?

I love Reason 5. God I do, but what's with defending things nomatter what? It's like when one of your boys does something you know is wrong, but when folk come around looking for him, you still gotta take his side. Difference is, this is a discussion about a product, not a person, lol.

Why would it not make sense to add simple updates to a program to keep it current. There's no other current loop editor or DAW on the market that can't load a song and chop it up, yet, you have no choice but to do workarounds in Recycle.

Record wasn't originally intended to have Autotune FX in it. Reason wasn't originally intended to sample and have a drum module with pads and synths in it. I'm just confused to why when things are added we can act like they're gifts from the gods, but can't in return voice frustration with areas that are lacking.

Not speaking for myself, I never expected Recycle to be anything else, but how can you guys not understand some are going to when it is the "Loop Editor for Propellerhead products".

Props isn't the only company that does stuff like this. Folk want a drum machine in Pro Tolls? They gave us 'Boom"...GTFOH, lol. They still limit the amount of audio tracks you can use(i never hit the limit, but understand that can be frustrating depending on how you work).

FL Studio still used lamens terms for alot of technical stuff that makes it confusing. I'stead of "1/16" you get "1/4 Bar" which is fair when it comes to loops, and it resets itself, but whatever. As of the last time I used it, you can do certain things by accident like timestretch your entire song, and you have no way of undoing it(may have been adressed I haven't used FL in a while). It still has that stupid stereo panning law turned on at start that thins out your dynamics and unorthodox FX and routing chains.

Cakewalk Sonar gives you the biggest workarounds to load up an instrument and midi track to create music. You can make a template, but it's lame when so many other programs are 'plug and go".

These are problems I've ran into that may not effect everyone. But We should all be able to agree that it's okay to want the common features available in anything else in your weapon of choice. When it's not there, why don't you have the right to voice frustration while still loving your weapon of choice?
I think Props should hurry up and update Recycle and most of what you said are totally opposite of my own views. I am not truely defending the program I just think its crazy some of the shit people say about it when a lot of it comes down to their own wanting it to do something that it was not designed to do. Its like the kids getting mad that they have a hard time doing entire songs in audacity. I think updates are great and I also think Reason 5 is great. I left Reason alone after version 3 for a while because I wanted the things that were added in this update. So Im excited about the program again

Back