Ok, so i dont like Recycle. Give me an alternative.

Xabition, you are losing touch with reality. lol. Props has put a chip in your brain too, huh? You know I'm j/k. :cheers:

It's no hassle, it takes longer to type than it actually takes to do. And some of us want accurate chops to a time stretched tempo so that our cuts are clean and correspond perfectly.

As for the 5 minute tracks, again, I don't use recycle, but if I have a 5:03 song that I want to take a 4 second loop from to make into a Rex file, why should i have to 1st load it into another audio editor to chop off 3 seconds? While I'm in the other editor, I may as well do everything.

*throws hulk like tantrum* NOOOOOO X SMASH lol

I get accurate chops in the live editor just fine. I don't understand why one would use recycle and then complain about its limitations. Everything is limited to some extent. I saw someone on youtube time strecth a sample with record bounce it to the live editor and then chop as normal. Most people are doing something similar in other daws anyway so why not. Anyone who upgraded and didn't think to buy Record for the couple dollars more on your reason upgrade why not? They're practically giving Record away

Again, I ask: why is the Reason way always the looooong and convoluted way?

Record, export, import, load into Reason Device?

How about record or import, chop...DONE??

When did music get so damn technical??

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, I ask: why is the Reason way always the looooong and convoluted way?

Record, export, import, load into Reason Device?

How about record or import, chop...DONE??

When did music get so damn technical??

This has been improved in Reason 5. You can sample directly to a channel on redrum for example chop that up in the editor and go if u wanted to.

This has been improved in Reason 5. You can sample directly to a channel on redrum for example chop that up in the editor and go if u wanted to.

Nice!..I wasn't aware of that. Glad to see them listening to their customers.

Most people who own reason mainly cover the basics adn barely ever think outside the box. Thats why there are so many complaints yet they continue to use. I swear if complained about a product i would make a switch fast.

I think most of the people complaining haven't gone deep into Reason 5 yet

Can't agree with that. Some folk simply have specific needs that are 100% factually not in the program. You can still enjoy the program, still use it, with it's flaws.

I'm bothered folk's answer to the things I state that a program 100% factually lacks is to give me a workaround while telling me my workaround is inferior. Just sayin. It happens often in these discussions.

I doubt anyone loading chops into an NNXT rather than Dr. Rex and using ReDrum over Kong while making and mixing entire productions inside Reason with not so much as outside help from Record hasn't gone "deep into the program".

I can tell you alot more flaws in my MPC 2000XL than i can with Reason. Hell, I can tell you flaws in everything I use. it's not because I don't like the products, it's because I've used enough stuff to know when something's missing. If I'm still using it, it's apparent I'm taking it with it's flaws.

But I'm not gonna pretend there's a solution to my way of sampling using time stretch in Reason or Recycle. The addition of a manual sampler in Reason is a great addition, and a useful tool for 1 hits and traditional looping, but not solving MY PROBLEM. No big deal, I've been solving it by using another DAW since Reason 3.0.

Can't agree with that. Some folk simply have specific needs that are 100% factually not in the program. You can still enjoy the program, still use it, with it's flaws.

I'm bothered folk's answer to the things I state that a program 100% factually lacks is to give me a workaround while telling me my workaround is inferior. Just sayin. It happens often in these discussions.

I doubt anyone loading chops into an NNXT rather than Dr. Rex and using ReDrum over Kong while making and mixing entire productions inside Reason with not so much as outside help from Record hasn't gone "deep into the program".

I can tell you alot more flaws in my MPC 2000XL than i can with Reason. Hell, I can tell you flaws in everything I use. it's not because I don't like the products, it's because I've used enough stuff to know when something's missing. If I'm still using it, it's apparent I'm taking it with it's flaws.

But I'm not gonna pretend there's a solution to my way of sampling using time stretch in Reason or Recycle. The addition of a manual sampler in Reason is a great addition, and a useful tool for 1 hits and traditional looping, but not solving MY PROBLEM. No big deal, I've been solving it by using another DAW since Reason 3.0.
I get where you are coming from. You are kinda set in your ways of how you want to work. Thats fine. My comment was on a large scale in general. A lot of people are complaining about what Reason cannot do but they are still on Reason 3 or 4 and haven't tried 5 or the complaints about Record not doing what one wanted but they didn't bother to DL the demo before buying it to realize that. Reason has its limitations as does everything else.

I think most of the people complaining haven't gone deep into Reason 5 yet

Apparently, neither have the people responding to the complaints.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Hey, I'm a user of Reason5 and i love it. Ive been using it for about 2 years but recycle is shit. What other program can anyone suggest to put there a SAMPLE, then add markers, then save it but i want all markers saved separately. I'm just tired of slow sampling.

Thanks!

The best beatslicer ever is Zero-X BeatCreator. Unfortunately, development stopped on it quite a few years ago, but it was far superior to Recycle. I believe it's still being sold on a different website, and I can tell you that it still works in Windows 7. I have continued to use it, even with Reason. BeatCreator can do a lot of things and output to a lot of useful formats. It can output to Soundfont and it can output to combinations like sf2/midi. You can take that and import into Reason's NN-XT and have the same as a Rex2 file pretty much. Import the sf2 into NN-XT, import the midi file to the sequencer and you have a sliced loop than can sync to tempo, plus you can rearrange the slices or edit each slice in the NN-XT. And it's a great deal faster than Recycle. It has key commands for everything so you can do a lot of functions without even using the mouse. It's seriously fast. There's another program released later by the same company called "BeatQuantizer". It's a step up from BeatCreator. It has all the features of BeatCreator, plus some additional features that you may or may not be interested in.

Yeah, they did. The original beatslicing technology in FL's slicers came from Zero-X. FL used to include a separate program called "Beatslicer" which was the "little brother" of BeatCreator. FL had a special relationship with this program. Before FL had all this internal beatslicing, it would allow you to decide to slice a loop in FL, it would automatically launch Beatslicer, do the business, then save back to FL still in progress. It was pretty cool at the time. Then FL gradually began to implement slicing directly and the rest is history. FL's slicing is very good, but BeatCreator is better for serving other applications, such as Reason, since it's a standalone application and has features geared towards servicing other apps. That's probably one of my all time favorite applications because it was so thorough at what it did.

The newer version of ReCycle was not put out as an improvement on the old version, it was just a way for the Props to drop hardware sampler support from the program while selling the only way to make the proprietary REX format for use in software built to support it, so the program has not really evolved and if you can live without REX you have heaps of better options.

IMO, ReCycle is probably more of a loop editor, than true sample editor software. The best sample editor software is going to let you drop wav's & mp3's in, and pull all major formates out. I hate using Audacity when converting mp3's to wav's before even opening ReCycle. But its a neccessary evil until ReCycle accept's mp3's, or I get Record 1.5.

Like I said somewhere before, in order for people to really love Recycle, they have to let us actually 1) import songs that are longer than 5 minutes and 2) let us actually chop the samples up in addition to just setting regions or slice points before we export to Rex or Rex2 files.

Like I said somewhere before, in order for people to really love Recycle, they have to let us actually 1) import songs that are longer than 5 minutes and 2) let us actually chop the samples up in addition to just setting regions or slice points before we export to Rex or Rex2 files.
a lot of people love Recycle but just like Props have made clear over the years its a loop slicing program. People want to load entire songs into it and get mad that it was never meant for the purpose they want to use it for

Back