Not Losing FLPS? FL Studio

alirawmeen

Hi guys, have you ever had trouble when updating or transferring to a new computer (laptop)? I can use some serious help and I appreciate in advance. I bought a new laptop and made sure to transfer my FLP project files from my old laptop on Fl studio 9, but when i open em on FL studio 11 Demo on my new laptop the chops don't make a sound.

Thank you

Just like any audio program if you move the sounds (samples/drums) it's not going to playback audio.
If you have the projects but you don't have the sounds in the same directory/drive it won't play.
On your computer if your drums are on C: Drums (for example) it has to be the same on your laptop.
Same goes with your samples.

Peace

Last edited:
Thanks boss, i figured that out and it worked. Now I just gotta recover as many of my "sliced beats" as i can. Do you know what I can delete from my fl studio 9 files without effecting my data that i'll need for the new one?

For example, I sent everything but the soundkits, FLPs, and files for my projects to the recycling bin. But then I wasn't able to open the projects. Luckily I didn't empty the recycle bin so i just restored it.

Now I'm just wondering what i can clean up from the old FL studio so i don't have duplicates (which will take up space)

Peace

Back