nexus vs. sylenth? other good plugins?

CooperK

Trying to decide whether to go with sylenth or nexus or any other good plugins. Making rnb / hip hop. Any suggestions will help

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using fl studio, I highly recommend sytrus, another one for any DAW is firebird. When I made a rap song with my friend, i pretty much used those two only.

I suppose it depends on what you are after. Do you love smart, well designed trendy sounds that hit the nail on the head every time? You should look at Nexus. Not only that but they offer a much larger sound library. I think you should also consider support. As much as I love Sylenth, I think Lennar Digital has not been that great at keeping up with current technologies like 64-bit, and in general Sylenth has been hibernating for years. I assume a major update is on the horizon, but maybe that's just one more reason to wait and see with Sylenth.

I've been a fan of ReFX for a very long time. I first started using their Vanguard synth like 10 years ago. Ok, I guess I'd go with Nexus for now. It doesn't have as much depth exposed to you and that's probably ok. You can customize the sounds very quickly with the available controls.

Of course, you'll want to also look at Omnisphere 2 when it comes out in a few weeks. That's likely to be one of the most impressive all around instruments available. It won't be as focused on electronic music production as Nexus 2 is.

If you want to create sounds, and be a little more original go with sylenth. If you need some quick high quality sounds go nexus. Nexus imo is king of that

Back