New Producer/Songwriter (hip-hop) using reason 4.0,Needs direction

TalenTspecops

Ok, So ive been writing beats on my keyboard for years now, and just a few months ago started using software, and went online and got the realization that, there are so many more people doing what I do and IM soooo, far behind, Ive write and produce HIP-HOP songs/beats.. and was wondering if anyone can suggest books, or websites on how to get that CD quality sound , alot of my beats sound official but, im missing something. If you go to reverbnation or soundclick my user name is TALENT.you can find some of my beats on there, but sometimes I get depressed and almost wanna quit (i never will) just becuase im 26yrs old.. However, if you listen to my classical piano piece, I taught myself how to play and not alot of people that write beats can not play the piano... ANY SUGGESTIONS at all will help, becuase music is my passion, and I just wanna get better

Last edited:
www.tweakheadz.com

um... what else

you tube is a good friend so use that for reason tuts

as for mixing search the fourms, just type mixing and boom ur all alot of reading playuh. GL with everything

ASK VIDEO . COM
I believe that is the site. It has everything from Production and music buisness DVD's to Photoshop and Video production DVD's.
That brought me up to speed on Reason and Pro-Tools. Also its good to get because you can then burn, convert and transfer the videos to your ipod and therefore you will have it with you to view anywhere you go. Standing in line at the bank could give you 30 minutes of tutorial watching rather than simply texting and staring at the fly chic at the counter. Even when you are at the gym or taking a dump, you can have the videos there with you. They go very fast in some cases so youll want to view them at least 3 times before everything clicks, but since it on video - you can recall it anytime and actually see how its done rather than reading a manual that doesn't do justice photographically.

You tube is great also, but many of the videos are not complete and in depth like a dedicated DVD will be. However the price of FREE is always a good starting point.

Thank you

Thank you all very much, Im just the type, that even though right now people really like my music, and they will tell me I have talent.. I will here people that are better, and see there fan base, and there web pages.. and im like daaayuuum.. im sure alot of other people went through what im going thru when they first started with the whole online gig.. lol, but im gonna get to the level of these people and write some sick music, especially since i can rock a piano, and set some beats on fire with that..thank you all for the input, i didnt think anyone would reply....www (dot) reverbnation (dot) com/talent82

Back