New Midi setup, need advice?

H

Hillinum

Hello everyone I brother need help setting up MPC2KXL, Proteus2k, Roland D20(just a controller), Midisport2x2 usb, to PC. I tried awhile last night but the midi information didn't come out right when I was playing back in Sonar. I think I have my equipment setup wrong, I had my snare & kick actually loaded in the MPC but all the rest of the tracks were played by the keyboard controller for the Proteus2k but sequenced in the MPC of course, everything is on it's own track so I really don't know what's wrong. I'm new to midi not recording. In Sonar I had levels but when I played back I only heard the snare & kick all the other tracks coming from the Proteus2k had a recorded wave form in Sonar but no sound. If anyone can help please let me know. Once again my set up is MPC2KXL, Proteus2k, Roland D20(just a controller), Midisport2x2 usb, to PC I'm new to midi so any help with setting up the midi part is probably my anwser. Thanks!:)

What soundcard?

I have a similar setup at the moment on a SB Audigy/XP Pro. The global midi and project midi settings in Sonar have to be set right. You'll see a little midi indicator in the systray; it will actually light up when receiving or sending midi. ARe you using the midi synch on the 2000 to trigger recording in Sonar?

Thanks bro, I'm using the Motu2408MKII sound card. At first I wasn't using midi sync on the MPC because I was just check to see how it would come out as far as sound. I wasn't really going to do a actually recording I would keep I was only testing my system since it's new. But if you can explain your setup to me maybe I can figure it out. I pick up things faster when it's visual but I'm NC & you're in GA, but if you can explain it to me or drop a number I'd most definitely appreciate it. I need to learn this midi stuff, 4real.

Thanks bro,
Hillinum

Whatup RastaTech, thanks for the heads up. I tried emailing you but it said your box is full. I'll holla back!

Hillinum

Come on guys, don't email the replies - drop them here as well so we can all see them!

Back