New FL Studio Skin!!!

Brahmac said:
For you guys that have downloaded and instaled the skin, did you find it alright when using FL? Is there anything that can be improved?

Its more than alright. havent noticed any bugs yet. Its great.

highkoo said:

how long did this take you? you should really think about crankin out some more, sans-logo. people would pay a little for these i bet, if you had a selection.... and evetually, imageline might hire you, haha!

peace.

Took me a while to do, it took within a period of two days. I think I may crank out another skin for FL. Any one have a request of what you'd like to see?

Brahmac said:

Took me a while to do, it took within a period of two days. I think I may crank out another skin for FL. Any one have a request of what you'd like to see?
yep!. :) something in the lines of the one you already did, but with a standard "FL-grey" colorscheme instead of white. i really dig this "glassy" shine on everything on your skin, but it would surely rock more if it looks more integrated to the rest non-skinnable stuff on the GUI.

oh and i just noticed a little glitch on your skin:
all the small panels on the top are a pixel to big vertically. on the bottom of each panel like "transport panel" e.g. there should be a black line at the bottom to match with the height of the "rails" in the background.

2 days !!??

thats not too long. man, you gotta crank a few of these out!

and id agree with sqitos suggestions. having it integrate into the non-skinnable parts would make it look more 'refined'. but ya dont want it to look just like the original either....

id say do little accents of something like the original gray, and pick another color that compliments it. so itll all tie together...

and imo, bright colors just cant work. they look nice for like ten seconds, and then you cant look at em any more...

peace.

Sqito said:

oh and i just noticed a little glitch on your skin:
all the small panels on the top are a pixel to big vertically. on the bottom of each panel like "transport panel" e.g. there should be a black line at the bottom to match with the height of the "rails" in the background.

Thanks for letting me know. I just fixed that, so the link that I posted is now pointing to the fixed version. =)

Brahmac said:
Thanks for letting me know. I just fixed that, so the link that I posted is now pointing to the fixed version. =)
you forgot to delete one line of the "visible" white area in order to make the black line visible. ;)

ps: i could try to do it myself, but i don't have the pacience to edit each panel one by one. your skin = your job. :)

edit: sorry. yes, it's better. it just might look like it's still one pixel too big because of the brightness of the panels.

Last edited:
highkoo said:

and id agree with sqitos suggestions. having it integrate into the non-skinnable parts would make it look more 'refined'. but ya dont want it to look just like the original either....

and imo, bright colors just cant work. they look nice for like ten seconds, and then you cant look at em any more...

peace.

Yeah, originaly I was planing to do a dark skin. I switched the plan because I thought a brighter skin would be better (might of made it too bright though). So yeah, I'll be working on a new darker skin that ties in better with the original FL skin.

I really appreciate all your comments guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brahmac said:

Yeah, originaly I was planing to do a dark skin. I switched the plan because I thought a brighter skin would be better (might of made it too bright though).

I actually liked the brightness, it freshes up and i dont think its annoying at all.

A matter of taste, I guess

getcrunk said:
That skin has inspired my beatmaking, and improved it lol.
Thanks for sharing mate

cheers

Rebound-X- said:

same here

seriously ... this skins refreshing .. i think it stimulates the brain

LOL, I'm glad that I was able to inspire you two. It gives me a warm feeling (taps closed fist over heart) right here.

I'll post up a message here and let you guys know when I release the second FL skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks real nice.

can you explain how to put it in the directory and load it.

step by step for the computer illiterate.

thx brah

havenot said:
it looks real nice.

can you explain how to put it in the directory and load it.

step by step for the computer illiterate.

thx brah

I included the directions in the ziped folder that you downloaded. It's a file called "Read Me.txt". All the step by step instructions on how to instal and load the skin can be found there. I tried to explain the details on there as best I could. If you are still having difficulties, send me a message and I'll help you further. =)

orange/green is nice. ;) (depending on the the particular tone of each color)

Last edited:
Whoooa what the heck... Hey look at the background on my myspace page. It says brahmac. lol I never knew what that meant or where it came from. I just thought it was a tight picture. Yo brahmac does my background have anything to do with you or is it from some other random thing? lol I just noticed this

Back